Does just drinking water give you symptoms?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Even when I just drink water, whether it's in middle of night, or in morning on empty stomach, I feel the flutter and sometimes hear it in my esophagus/throat.

anyone else experience this? 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This was me some years ago. I used to have to be very careful about drink and still water was the worst. I used to manage a small amount of carbonated water (not waht the Americans call "soda") and, surprisingly red wine - but taken with food.

I'd go to bed thirsty and wake up very dry next morning.

My problems only stopped after I had a fundoplication (reflux reduction surgery).

Hope you manage to find a manageable regimen.

• Posted

Hi Layne,

Do you mind telling me what you mean by feel the flutter? and hear it in my esospahus?  I do occasionally have a recurring cough from drinking the water, just wondering if we're talking about the same thing here?

• Posted

Yes Layne I get a reaction from drinking water.   It can vary from mild to the same sort of burning that eating food gives me.   I had it the last time I was diagnosed with gastritis as well.  My gastro man says it is the steroids causing my problems this time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.