Does orlistat work

Posted , 6 users are following.

I started them Monday had no side effects I can't see what they are doing in fact first time today since Tuesday I have been to the loo advise anyone

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

yes the tablets do work BUT you have to give them a few days to kick in,

you may have read on hear people saying they have lost this amout or that amount in ? days, everyone is diferent so be patient with them and things will start to happen,

re not going to the toilet, it does say in the leaflet that you can become constipated on these, just make sure you drink lots of water and i mean lots

iv been on them for some time now and my weight loss is slow going, its not that im eating the wrong stuff or eating too much, its due to not getting exercise due to disabilies preventing me from exercising like everyone else would

anyway things will start to happen, give it time

Jim

• Posted

Hi Jim how is it going

OP what do you expect to happen in a few days it will be a few weeks before you notice any real weight loss- i lost 9 stone

• Posted

Hi Britney

things going slowly but hey they are going!

i was taken off of the tabs because i was putting weight on? but have been re given them by the Dr and have lost a small amount but hey something is better than nothing at all,

as said i think its because im not very mobile due to walking probs so cant do as much eexercise as others would be able to do

i know i need to loose weight, currently at 21.5, but i dont look to bad what with being 6'7'', i am able to carry it of more than someone shorter

anyway hows your jouney going, you dont seem to be on the site answering question so much these days, not that im on it much myself, it does make me laugh when people start taking and expect results 2 hours later? but hey,

anyway ta ta for now

jim

• Posted

Hi Jim,

how did you put weight on with the tablets and yes i have lways said any amount off is better than on keep at it your lucky you have height on your side do keep at it you will get to where you want to be.

lol i know 2 minutes later more like-no i stopped coming on due to life and the fact that others were copying my advice yet had only been on them 5 minutes and never saying thanks i cant be doing with all that

My WLJ is starting again as i had a little boy 6 weeks go he is worth every pound i put on i waited years to become a mum i wouldn't have him if i hadn't lost 9 stone to start with.

I did update the blog and i will do again soon i am glad you are well heres to us losing all our weight in 5 minutes lol

Britney

X

• Posted

Hi Britney

firstly a huge congrats on the birth of your little boy, you must be sooooooo pleased,

re the weight gain, weight gain is according to the GP surgery as according to my scales, when i did weigh myself , i was losing still, i did hear all there scales were out at surgery when weights n measures tested them?, so thats why they have allowed me on them again,

im sorry but i think you are out of order not blogging, how else am i or others meant to give advice,,LOL

take care

Jim

• Posted

Hi please could you allow me to see your blog? I have ten stone to lose and was prescribed oralist at yesterday. I'm very nervous of taking them but I need to lose weight and get healthy again!

Thankyou.

• Posted

They do work Tracey. Just be careful that you don't eat to much fatty food, you will soon see how they work then lol.
    • Posted

Thanks I think my problem us then my diet hardly as any fat it now I'm scared to eat it because of the stories u read
  • Posted

This means you are eating the right amount of fat. You only get side effects if you eat too much fat in your meals. As you go along you will find that you might start to experience some side effects as yoou manage to get the balance right in your meals, but should manage just fine. Stick with it, it's working slowly, but surely. 
    • Posted

Hi creamy. I was just wondering what side effects you have had. I have only had the obvious 1, and I have started to feel sick for a short while shortly after eating. But, I have started to take multi vitamins to help me along, I can't hit my goals of vitamins needed daily according to my fitness app.
  • Posted

Hey, they do work. I wondered that when i started taking them if they worked or not. Be hsppy you've no side effects!! I suffer almost every morning and im on a low fat low cal low carb diet. Been on them a month and iv lost over a stone so far. But being on these pills forces you to a better lifestyle too so either way its win win xx

Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.