Does staring at TV, computer, & phone screens make you worse?

Posted , 7 users are following.

It makes me feel horrible. My eyes feel like they're bugging out (very strained, dizzy-like, everything is weird). It's to the point where I don't want to look at them at all!

Do y'all with inner ear disorders experience the same? If so, how does it make you feel?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Oh ye!s., havent read a book in 6 years!  I had to give up laptop and get ipad which helps a bit (for neck as well).  If im on this too much though i get nausea, etc its cos your eyes are doing it all! Too much i guess.  And even do much on my sewing machine now as just looking at that same area seems to bring it on even more!  I tried  reading some newspapers today that were piling up and had to stop. Also my tinnitus gets worse. See my PM
  • Posted

Yes. I am on computer most of day. I also play competitive games for hours and noticed feeling worse as my eyes do all the work and are notability worsen. Hard to pull away when competing smile so answer is yes, computer makes vertigo much worce.

• Posted

Tv makes me dizzy real bad. Same with computer. I am on my phone

The small screen is not do bad.

• Posted

Yes I have a problem with looking at computer screens. Going to movie theatres. Grocery stores, malls, freeways. I'm very sensitive to any kind of motion.

• Posted

Yes looking at computer screen triggers the rocking vertigo.
  • Posted

I can handle reading books but looking at computer seems to trigger it the most.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.