Does this sound like allergies

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can an allergy sufferer tell me if the below sounds like an allergic reaction.

I've read allergies make you more runny eyed, nose etc but my symptoms are different., almost opposite.

I get itchy all over, it can be straight itch or pin prick feeling making me itchy.

My mouth and eyes feel like they have dust in them as well as my throat. More gritty than just dry.

My private regions feel itchy too

My head feels itchy also.

I can't work out the cause as it will happen for a couple of weeks then go then come back. I've thought about everything, stopped perfumes, changed laundry powder etc etc.

It mainly happens on or around menstruation but can happen other times to which made me wonder about hormones.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like it could be an allergy to me.  Maybe you should see your doctor and get your homones tested if she does not think it is an allergic reaction.
  • Posted

It would be a good idea to get an allergy test.

There's a skin prick one, it quite efficient, or a simple blood test, but that might cost more and not that efficient, but still works well.

Itchy skin and throat, eye irritation can be allergy

Certain food can also cause allergies.

Good advice from TXOAP, see your GP anyway, maybe it's something else.

Could als be some type of fungus, it has the characteristic to come and go.

• Posted

Hi Charlotte, I have been ill for years with allergies, which of course affect your immune system.  I have narrowed down what I can eat and use over the years.  A new discovery made me have the very good health I have now.  Even though I was very careful what I used on my body (no parabens etc), I still didn't feel well.  I then discovered that what makes your body smell is bacteria, and I just wondered.....if I used nothing on my body, including my hair, but scrubbed all over (well actually I use a flannel, and rub really hard). Be careful with private parts as you can't scrub, but just use lots of warm water.  I tried it, and the effect has been great.  I rub my hair really hard, and although I would have said I needed to wash my fine fly-away hair every day, all I do is give it a good scrub.  The only time shampoo is used on it is when my hairdresser comes.  No deodorant either.  And I use a special toothpaste without additives or scents.  I tried not using toothpaste, but did miss the clean fresh taste in my mouth. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.