Does this sound like mild schizophrenia?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I call it the devil, it lives inside my head and it makes me think death related things towards the people I love and care about. I always argue with it and clarify myself letting it know that I wouldn't wish any of these thoughts on anyone. it's driving me insane. please help?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Don't fight it just let it in and let it go it will soon lose the power when it realises that your not bothered

• Posted

It's hard because if I let it in I think it's going to jinx
  • Posted

It sounds to me like some sort of OCD.  Not schizophrenia, because that usually comes along with social withdrawal and much stranger, more irrational thoughts than worrying about the death of loved ones.  Definitely some sort of anxiety.  Get some help to manage it.
  • Posted

If you read posts about schizophrenia I can assure you it will convince you that you have it. It's more of an anxiety disorder it sounds like 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.