Does this sound like SIBO? If so how to get GP to test.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all, I have been unwell for over a year now since having my gallbladder removed I will list my symptoms:

Urgency to empty bowels once or twice a day, stools are soft, sometimes liquid, contain undigested vegetables and mucous.

Low grade "fever" not really a fever but temp is usually 37.6-38 celcius and doesn't go below 37.3.

Folate deficiency and low b12 low end of normal but lots of symptoms.

Rash on chest and flushing on face

Acne (awful outbreaks )I'm 35!) on chin/jaw, chest and back.

Air hunger

Asthma type symptoms

Allergy type symptoms never had this before.

Aches and pains.

Raised crp last test (ordered privately 10.9)

I've been back and forth to GP since Gb removal with all these various symptoms they think I'm a hypochondriac! I haven't had any test done beyond routine FBC and liver bloods. I did have h pylori in April and had the antibiotics.

I've recently changed GP surgery as I wasn't getting anywhere with last one.

I have appt with new GP on Thursday and want to get him to listen and help me as I feel like I'm having to diagnose myself!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try looking into symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia. Ibs can be a symptom of these and a lot of your symptoms can be attributed to this. Especially temp and changes in skin etc.

Re gallbladder removal any fat in the diet can cause problems. Do you find its worse after eating something fatty? Your body can't digest as well if there is fat as that was the job of the gallbladder.

Hope it helps.

Re breathing look up breathing exercises on the out breath. I was breathing incorrectly after a lung infection and doing the exercises means I now have a better lung function than most healthy people.

• Posted

Thanks Susan. I will look into this it's the high crp that worries me most. There's inflammation somewhere in my body I need to find out what's causing it. It's so hard when Drs won't help.

• Posted

Michelle

I have had many of those symptoms five years after gallbladder surgery -also, the first year after removal, I had nausea every day for 8 months and lost over 20 pounds. All they could find with their tests was gastritis....

I still have diarrhea every day once or twice-very very frustrating!

• Posted

Gallbladder removal can cause complications and sometimes IBS.  Get tested for h pylori again in case it has come back.  Keep pushing for diagnosis and try a food diary to see if any foods are causing trouble.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.