DOG OIL

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone used dog oil, yes before you laugh this is the name of the cream, but i cannot find on the net if this is compatable with pred.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

can u tell me wat is the use of this cream..???
    • Posted

I use it as a rub on painful areas. It's very good. I have been using it since I have been on pred and it hasn't done me any harm as far as I know.
  • Posted

I cannot see why you should not use it. I know someone with rheumatoid arthritis who swares by it and uses it as a massage cream. I think you can use it on your dog too.
    • Posted

" I think you can use it on your dog too"

You'd think really wouldn't you?

• Posted

Since it is a blend of vegetable and mineral oils I doubt it will do any harm alongside pred since it is unlikely to be absorbed to any extent through the skin. The NSAID gels/creams are a bit different as the molecules are probably much smaller.

I imagine that much of the benfit is due to the massaging action - it is said to stimulate nerve pathways that encourage the body to "heal" itself in similar ways to accupuncture and other complementary therapies.

• Posted

Have you grown any extra hair?😃😃
    • Posted

You do come up with some interesting theories - dog oil, jelly!!  Have you any more?
    • Posted

My grandfather used something called Sloan's Liniment, originally used for horses but then people discovered how good it was. You coud still get it a few years ago. Stank to high heaven!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.