Don't feel myself?

Posted , 90 users are following.

I'm so worried, I just do not feel like me, like I don't even know how to explain it it's the worst feeling I've ever seemed to experience, I just feel empty or as though I'm just in the back of my mind or something?! I'm getting so frustrated because I can't put it into words, I feel like I am living in the back of my head where nothing feels right about myself, I feel like I'm in a dream world, I'm losing hope I really am scared I can't forget about it because it's always there I just feel completely different about myself and it's upsetting me because I feel like I don't know my family or anyone I've ever knew but I know I love them so much?! what is this?? Am i actually going insane?!

6 likes, 107 replies

107 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Relax, you are not going insane. You need to take 10 deep breathes, count to 10 on each one in and say "relax" on each one out, when you get to 10, do it in reverse back to 1.

then think what is the issue, what is making you feel like this, is it something you've had before?

• Posted

It's like I feel like a different person but I know I'm not or I feel like my thoughts aren't my own or just loads of other crazy weird thoughts, I'm only 15 I don't know what's wrong with me
    • Posted

don't you have a guidance teacher or someone at school you could confide in
    • Posted

hi.

i exactly have the same problem and im 16.

i am so happy that u posted this because i feel like i can controll myself, but im an spectator in my head. i often cant remember what i said or promised a day ago.i dont feel like me. i thought that i was the only one!

if u havent this anymore. please tell me how u did.

i tryed going early to bed, eat healthy and avoid my phone for a certain time but nothing changed!

• Posted

Hi Tanya ,

Have u had any success in figuring this out . I feel the same , well at least I think I do . large chunks of my day will just be gone out of my memory(until I really go looking for them again) everything just feels like it doesn't have a meaning to me . my concentration hasnt been as good as it use to be .

With me when I drink it seems to get worse .

I worry about everything 10 times more than I use to . I got bad headaches at my right temple and back of my head .

I hope someone can relate

• Posted

Hi darling.  You have to realize your not alone you may feel like your the only one feeling like this but take comfort in that there are thousands of ppl myself included feeling like this. 

Im sure ive come across your posts before? Are you quite young. ? And your not on any meds?

• Posted

hi I just read The Above post. Yes I do remember you I. Sure ive read something from you the other night. Correct me if im wrong. ....

Anyway Im sure you are suffering a panic disorder which needs to be addressed quickly. Your mum hasnt been very supportive. ? I suggest the doctor first . Then confide in someone that takes you seriously.  You need alot if support right now. From someone who can physically be with you.  You need lots of hugs and reassuring. 

• Posted

I think you're right about it being a panic disorder, i think I'm suffering from it too..how do you know, do you struggle with these feelings too? I don't feel like myself either and am scared to be alone, which is so not like me...I usually love to be alone..it's strange but I feel needy and overbearing and impulsive..I so much want to be around someone else all the time right now but I feel like a crazy person, by wanting that... I guess that's just what I need right now...I hope I won't always be this way

• Posted

know the feeling...............it will pass and no you are not going insane
  • Posted

also perhaps go and have a chat to a doctor and also a trusted friend
  • Posted

lots of hugs from me xxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.