DON'T FREAK OUT!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

MY STORY:

I recently had pinworm for the first time. I'm a 20 year old male, athletic, smart, attractive, and consider myself a clean healthy person. My ass started itching really bad one day, it ended up causing so much irratation that I applied some hemmoroid ointment. This seemed to help. Over the next week it did not let up! I ended up taking a flash light and a small mirror and looking down there. I saw alot of little white specks.

I did some research online about my symptoms and was crushed by what I found out. I wanted to jump out of my skin! I freaked out! That night I realized how dirty everything was and I was out of my mind with anxiety and fear!

I was very reluctant to go to the doctor, but I'm so glad I had the courage to do so. She wanted to look down there but I said no, I just need the medication. She gave me Mebendazole.

I took one pill on that day and she told me to take the other pill the following week.

The irratation did not go away until around 3 days later. My anus still itched like mad at night and in the morning. I was still very concered with everything. I even cried one night at the thought of not being able to get rid of these awful worms inside my body!! I felt so powerless and futile. I wanted to just end it right then and there! I FELT HOPELESS!!! In fact that's why I took time to write this.

I've noticed there is not alot of information on the web about threadworm. The info that is avaliable is vague and generic. Then there are websites like this. I was so relieved to find this site, I thought \"FINALLY I WAS NOT ALONE IN THE WORLD!\" But I've noticed something terriable about this website. Alot of the personal stories are very negative and awful. So that's why I'm writting this. You do not have to feel powerless, you are not a dirty person, pinworm/threadworm is a common problem - the reason why you don't hear about it is because it's embarrassing and not the best topic to bring up at a party. But you are not alone! Just remember that! And most importantly you can get over it! ITS NOT PERMANENT! Now for the best part of my story: The worms went away! Thank God, I was so happy! I just washed my hands (alot), washed my bedding, cleaned my house, tried not to touch my face, and did my best not scratch my itchy anus. They will go away. Just remember - don't freak out! I have been where you are, feeling alone, feeling powerless and hopeless, and afraid. It takes courage to go to the doctor and ask them for help! EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY! DON'T FREAK OUT LIKE I DID. Remember that alot of people have been in where you are. You are not alone!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST ! Reading the Internet is awful. I should have never googled pinworms. I'm less than a week in and I've already asked myself if my life will be worth living anymore. You are the only success story I have heard. There has to be more. How are you feeling now ?
    • Posted

I also got rid of mine easily - it's now a couple of years later and I've had no re-occurence whatsoever. However, there were two times when I thought they had come back because I started getting the same itching feeling - but no visible worms. Then I found out that, if you start washing yourself too much (which is what I did after I had worms the first time) it makes your skin over-sensitive and it itches for no reason.

So overall I agree with the above! Take heart, there are people who get over threadworms quickly and easily, but the stories you read online are often the exceptional cases which make it sound a lot scarier than it actually is.

• Posted

hi.I've had pinworms for about a week now.i took albendazole two days after i googled and proved i had them.they went away but came back after three days.it's now a week since i first felt them and I'm PARANOID!! I've been washing my hands every now and then and now I can't let anyone prepare my food.even though my anus isn't itchy,I can feel them moving inside and that freaks me out and now I'm afraid to sleep.I think I see them everywhere.help me get rid of them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.