Don't know if it's just acid reflux?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all I suffer with acid reflux  have done now for couple of years. However just lately for the lat 9 months my body have gone through a lot of changes being peri! But being told I'm not 1- being to young and 2 I'm still having normal periods . Anyway som days my acid reflux is that bad it can last up2 8 or more hours this has happened a lot lately and I'm probably going to have to get my medication changed? What I want to know is yesterday and this morning I have had a very tight chest wher Otis abit painful is this to do with the reflux? Does anyone else get this is it normal or should I mention it to a doctor?. I did read as you enter the peri acid reflux gets worse. Mine is really embarising I get wind both ends and twice yesterday far...d on the shop floor!! God luckily it was both quite ones, is anyone else experiencing the wind problems like me? Thanks for listening ladies.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I do apologise for the errors that are on my post. That makes me look stupid!!. I'm on a tablet so at a certain part I carnt see what I'm writing. My English is good so sorry for the errors.i have been told by 2 different doctors that I'm not peri. But I know my body and I know that I am. Another part my chest more so this morning has been very tight and quite abit painful. What I want to know is this connected with the reflux? Or something else. 
  • Posted

Hi. My hubby gets this really badly and it was caused originally by low thyroid which can have some same symptoms of menopause. Have you ever been checked for that? It may not be peri at all? wind goes with the reflux too. 😯 He has tablets for thyroid and reflux every day and lots better. I'd go back to Gp through and ask for blood tests to rule out a number of things. I hope you get some answers.
    • Posted

Hi froggy Thankyou, for replying. I have wondered for abit as to whether I should see the GP. Yesterday was awfully embarising @ wk and had bad wind to the extent it escaped out (bum trumph) 2 luckilly it was quite the noise. The store I wk in was very busy and a lot off customers so that I'm lucky. What for acid reflux may I ask is your husband on? I have been on the same brand for years. But with the excessive wind and chest pains yes I think I will goto a GP unfortunately mine is on holiday for 2weeks so I'm hopping that I see a doctor that will take kindly to me. Thankyou foggy anyway.
  • Posted

Acid reflux is common with periods.  It can give you a very tight, sore chest as if you are having a heart attack.  The peri menopause can give you chest pain as well.  Doctors will tell you that the age for the menopause is 52, but this is only an an average.  Everyone is different.  You can go into peri any time between the age of 40 and 52.  There are 60 odd symptoms of the menopause but doctors tend only to look for sweats and irregular periods.
  • Posted

For acid reflux try drinking a tablespoon or two of Raw unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar (with Mother) in 8 oz of water. Works like a charm!! 
    • Posted

Thankyou pat, never heard of this Raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar where is this purchased from? ( with mother)!? What is that ? Thanks for the tip.
    • Posted

Michelle are you in the U.S.? If so GNC carries Apple Cider Vinegar (with Mother). Mother is strands of protein, enzymes and good bacteria that make it all healthy! It has many health benefits besides just for acid reflux! Do you take other medications? It is SUSPECTED to interact with Diuretics, laxatives, Heart Meds and diabetes drugs. (Not proven just suspected!)

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed product/company names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hi pat, many thanks for getting back to me. ( Noticed your post took 11 hours to reach me as it went through emis moderated!!). No unfortunately I'm Not from the U.S.A I'm FROM U.K. So can I still purchase apple cider from this country if so do u know where?.
  • Posted

Yes this is normal because i get some chest discomfort due to my acid reflux plus it could be anxieties too. 
    • Posted

Hi Susan Thankyou for replaying. It's awful the acid reflux!!. Someone else mentioned  anxiety as well to me. How would I know if it's anxiety?.
    • Posted

Anxieties does come with having acid reflux and not knowing why your chest is hurting can make you anxious and being in perimenopause can cause a lot of anxieties with the hormone up and down. everybody does get anxious and not knowing why your chest is hurting can cause a lot of anxieties also i am taking pepcid thats great for acid reflux too
  • Posted

Dear michelle i suffer with reflux and worse since peri. I had gastitis last year where peri peeked with my irregular periods. Prior to this i have had oesophagitis a few years ago, i have a small hiatas hernia which contributed to it no doubt. I occasionally feel tight chested and feel like i need to take a deep breath. This comes and goes x
    • Posted

Cheers pinkcatifairy, the tightness in my chest only happened fri and Saturday, not happened since, Butvwith my acid reflux I forgot to mention that for 2weeks now I feel extremely SICK it's absolutely ruddy awful, have you any tips for me? Have you experienced this having Acid reflux?. I have even gone out and brought Antacid tablets which did bloody nothing! Any ideas?. X
    • Posted

Dear michelle, yes i did feel sick with it. I mainly just had the acid reducing tablets zantac and omeprezole but side effect of these tablets can be nausea. I can only advise to drink plenty of water and avoid fatty foods which can make it worse and things like caffeine and alcohol too. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.