don't know what else to do

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had graves disease for 2 years now and my levels still aren't were they suppose to be for surgery. I am taking prescription as need be but I'm at my ends rope. I feel at night that my heart rate is sometimes out of control, tired a lot and can't exercise feeling that I will gave a heart attack. What else can I do to have this surgery because my doctor says no go till my levels are where they are suppose to be!!??..

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If your levels are where they are supposed to be, you would not need the surgery.  It would help if you can post your lab results along with the normal range for each, i.e. TSH, Free T3 and Free T4, what medication you are on and the dosage.  For myself, I found out I was deficient in Vitamin D as are most hyperthyroid patients, as well as deficient in Total Carnitine and Free Carnitine so I added these supplements and my values improved.  It is a good idea to always get a copy of your lab reports and keep your own file on them.
  • Posted

You should talk to your doctor about your heart.  Maybe he/she would want to have you take beta blocker.
  • Posted

...and I also took Acetyl-L-Carnitine and had my values improve.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.