Don't think it's worked , devastating

Posted , 2 users are following.

Well it's been nearly a week since I had injection , everyday I still been in pain not a lot I have to admit. So thought today I go out and do shopping with me partner , even though it took a hour less then normal . I am in a lot of pain now all down me leg and me back is killing more the left side then the right were I got slipped disc .

I have burning which I had since they done injection in right leg and strange feelings . Today I feel that pain right back of me leg again

Am not anywhere near bad as I was when I first got it . But I don't know if I can return to work with this pain

I actually wanna scream me head off , I won't swear but way I feel I am trually mad.

How am I gonna adapt to this , without being able to work and a life in doors . Me depression has got worse me antidepressants have been put up as it I's. I really don't know what am gonna do am sat here crying now . Coz I can't cope anymore with this , they say wait 7 to 10 days but I can feel that pain coming back

Sorry for going on but in don't have many people to talk to that understands this

Xxxx

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna

i know how you feel. I have had ESIs without much effect. My problem is different to yours though. You are not at the end of the road yet.

when did you last talk to the consultant about surgery?

if ESIs are not helping and you have had symptoms for months then I would be thinking about having a microdiscectomy to remove the herniated part of the disc.

it will mean 3-6 months of recover, at least 3 of which you will probably need to take off work if you do a lot of sitting, lifting etc.

but it works for most people. What you are doing right now does not seem to be doing so. if you do consider surgery do what you can to get it done soon. You need to make it clear to the doctor that you are seriously depressed, that the meds are not working, that the injection did not work and that you may lose your job if you don't get on the mend soon. if it comes to it, and they can't operate for months due to lack of resources then I would consider trying to go private. It will set you back several thousand but you will get really good treatment and you will save months of suffering. 

• Posted

The surgeon when spoke to him gave me 2 options last time . Live with it or have injection and I said if it don't work then what . He went I may nor be able to help further , he went you may just have to have physio. Which I told him don't work , I left there in tears . Am nearly at the 6 months mark with work so I won't get paid . Also they can let me go from my job

I never even had benifit in me life so I wouldn't know what to with .

I just don't know what to do

• Posted

The surgeon needs to explain why he would not operate. If you have a herniated disc pressing on the nerve then it is fairly routine. It's pretty much the most common spine surgery available. 

if he can't give you a good reason, then go back to your GP and demand to see another surgeon for a second opinion.

And consider going private if all else fails. It may be that the NHS area you are in is very busy and does not have capacity. The NHS just does not have enough resources these days. They are often forced to ration and sometimes they get it wrong. 

• Posted

I am at a private hospital threw the NHS , his just horrible . I will go back to doctor if it comes to it , I know people are worse then me I really do

I just can't handle it , it's no life . I had such plans for this year good ones . New York Canada and am not even sure I can go now

• Posted

Donna So sorry to hear this hasn`t really worked for you. Go back  and make them listen to you do not be fobbed off. I understand the depression as it hit me every morning.  You are not going on about it hope this site helps.

• Posted

Thank you my depression has gone threw the roof been really bad since this has happened . Had many meltdowns over the months

I will go back to doctors coz I don't want live like this .

This site helps me I don't have many friends since moving up north so feel isolated as well

Xxx

• Posted

Speak to someone about the depression. There was a report on sportsmen who suffered injuries and how they should have help for depression as part of their rehab which made perfect sense. I found my mood lifted when I was able to walk outside even with a walker as I hate being inside even in winter.xx
    • Posted

They have put me antidepressants up . And asked me if I wanted see someone and talk to them . My answer was no I need someone sort this pain out before I go crazy .
  • Posted

Try to persevere it's hard I know , trust me Ave suffered 20 yr but as soon as the ten days are up make sure u have an appointment made, to see yr consultant again to discuss next s steps . Even if u have good days dont over do it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.