dont know what to do

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi ladies,i am currently 10 months post anterior repair, 4 months after repair i developed another prolapse ,my doctor thinks its the rectocele that was not repaired due to being minimal that has came down ,i was refered bck to hospital in june and i finally have an appointment this saturday , but im so stressed, i dont know if i should have another repair just now or wait till my daughter is a wee bit older, but cant handle living with the bulge again , my daughter is 18 moths old and when i got my first op it was hard enough with her being 8 months but now she is bigger and i still have to lift her every day,going in/out car,pram, highchair etc .. has anyone had a repair with a toddler thanks 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello helen. I obviously haven't been in your position but you're obviously very anxious and I fully understand why. A prolapse isn't life threatening but it is an inconvenience and can make us miserable. Have you anyone who can help you if you do decide to go ahead with surgery? Toddlers are a handful. You don't know yet whether the urogynaecologist thinks surgery is necessary, he may want you to have physio to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles first as it's only 10 months since your last operation. It's only when you know if it's an option that you can start planning. xx

• Posted

hi matron , going by my previus prolapse physio wont help as my bulge is just as big as before i had surgery , im just hoping its not the cyctocele repair that has failed as mentally i dont think i could cope knowing it failed so soon , with my last prolapse i did try the ring pessary but the first one they put in i was in total agony, straight way had really bad pain so they took that out n tried one 2 sizes smaller which fell out , was made to feel like i was taking up 2 much of their time having to try 2 pessaries , but hoping i canhave a pessary rather than surgery for now tbh , i dohave my hubby but he away till 2 pm most days and i also have my mum who can help out but there will be times i will be alone with my daughter nd i just worry i wont be able to are for her like i do now sad xx

• Posted

Hello helen, apologies I wasn't aware of the history with a physio. I think it's probably a rectocele you have so it sounds as though you will be an ideal patient for another repair providing that's what you decide. Pessaries aren't ideal for some ladies and they can be very uncomfortable despite how many you try. I don't know whether you've thought of perhaps a childminder for a few hours a day for your little girl? It's just a thought and I'm sure you'll get some replies from other ladies who have been in your position. Please keep in touch and let us know how your appointment goes. Teakettle care x

• Posted

Silly predictive text. That should read take care at the end of my post 😂😂

• Posted

thank you matron , you were very helpful and reassuring when i went for my last repair , my mum had my daughter every day for 8 weeks with my last repair ,but i think at 69 to ask her again would be a bit muh, although i know she would do it in an instant ,  i think im just over worrying about how i will manage her at home , she loves getting picked up and cuddled and im just stressing about lifting her etc , my last op i had no problems the only thing is the length of recovery for lifting etc as its very slow xx
    • Posted

You're a lovely mum helen of course you'll worry. I'm sure things will sort themselves out x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.