Dosage lowered

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on 150mcg of Levothyroxin for about a year. I missed ended up going over my six month check blood work and started to get those symptoms that my meds were off. The symptoms this time were more extreme with dizziness, fog, and a ton of anxiety. Got my bloodwork done last week and they called me to tell me my dosage was going to be lowered to 125mcg. Has anyone experience it being lowered? Does that mean the condition is improving ? Any info would help. I have been trying some natural solutions for about a year and I'm hoping this is the reason why it needs to be decreased. thanks!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi ThunderLips, sounds like the holistic approach is working. Please PM me , as I'd love to know what you feel is working.

As for the meds, I find it's difficult to know when they're too high, when the ratios are wrong and when they're too low. Personally, I haven't noticed feeling bad bc they're high, it's always been bc they're too low, wrong ratios, or horrible side effects.

I notice low T4 causes brain fog, low or hig T3 causes anxiety.  So my guess by your symptoms is your meds are a little low or your ratios are too far off. Bc the levo is T4 only, the higher the dose, the farther apart the ratios are. So lowering the dose might help if you're in range bc the ratios wouldn't be as skewed.

If you're comfortable, try it and see. Keep us posted.

• Posted

Thanks for the info!! I don't know how to PM on here. Lol. Once I do I can give you the info on what I have been doing.

• Posted

Hello,

I know everyone body is different but why is your dosage so high. I never been on such a high dosage it was always 25/50 did you have your thyroid removed or hashimoto/graves. You should see if your endo can see you every 2-3 months to check your labs.

• Posted

Hi. Thanks for responding. My dosage has always been kind of high. I have had this for over 15 years. I have never had it removed. My doctor just changed it bases on my new bloodwork and told me I didn't need to go to an Endo

• Posted

Hi Chiffon, my dose is also very high. I have severe autoimmune disease. I suspect it's related as my anti thyroxin antibody counts are elevated.

• Posted

If your willing to try this diet, high protien, as the thyroid sends protien to the cells of your body, if you fix the T4 then the T3 is also fixed so you start this diet of high protien foods but omit the following foods because you have to lower the immune system as it's the main cause of the problem with your thyroid this helped my fiancee!

the foods to avoid for 4 weeks are as follows

cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and turnip.

• Posted

I will definitely try that diet. Funny thing isn't that I normally eat a bunch of carrots. I will cut those foods out. I really appreciated the info. Thanks!

• Posted

Its up to you if you want to try it or not, my fiancee was on the diet and she had her bloods done and is now all clear, her weight is in the normal range now and she is really health! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.