Dr Reddy omeprazole

Posted , 7 users are following.

has anyone had any problem with these?  My pharmacist recently started supplying Dr Reddy instead of the previous brand the name of which I cant remember but they were yellow/orange coloured I think. These previous tablets worked well and took away my symptoms.  However since taking the Dr Reddy I've had a recurrence of nausea and reflux particularly in the night and first thing in the morning.  It's as if the new tablets don't last as long.  I'm going back to the old tablets to see if that improves things again. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

its a generic tablet which will be cheaper and doesnt work as good hope that helps 
    • Posted

Unless given Losec which is the most common branded version of omeprazole in uk then your doctor always prescribes generically for this drug as per NHS guidelines. Not all generics are the same however and the one Maureen had was probably one of the better ones made by Teva. Many and most generics are just fine.
  • Posted

If it's not working as well I'd ring a few different pharmacies to see if I could get the original brand.
    • Posted

You will need a new prescription but I think it shouldn't be too hard to find. I think you probably had a generic version made by Teva and lots of pharmacy's will order it specifically if you ask but only with the actual prescription in hand.
  • Posted

Hi Maureen ,,I to noticed my chemist starting supplying Dr reddys instead of my usual ones, I asked at several local chemist which brand of omeprazole they supply and found one that doesn't use Dr reddys ,,so Ive stuck with them ,,good luck
  • Posted

I have been changed from Dr Reddy to veta and am having problems   

I have had to take double the doze so perhaps it is the change rather than the tablet

• Posted

I have been taking Nexium for many years. Recently my pharmaceutical provider changed to Esomeprazole by the Mfg: Dr. Reddy'S (Yes, I know, it is supposed to be the same/I am a Retired RN)by .  I have developed terrible gastritis and my GERD is back . I bought Nexium and restarted taking it. In 3 days I could tell the difference.

I wil be discussing this with my Dr. next week.

• Posted

Glad to have found this info! My pharmacy also just started using dr reddy's and now increasing gi symptoms. Article stated in 2009 that they were sued by original manufacturer as they do not use same process to create med but they were allowed to continue. Finding another generic alternative

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.