dragging ache

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies I feel as if i have spent the last week moaning and groaning. Thank goodness for this site and especially matron. U have been my lifeline. After two fairly good days I am having a bad day. Have a horrible dragging ache around my bottom end and awful pressure in my bladder. have any of u ladies had this 3 weeks post op. It's so hard to know if this is normal or if I should be contacting my Dr. X

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

It's fairly common to get this dragging pain usually around the 3rd or 4th week post op. It's usually due to the sutures tightening around your tissues but another cause is just doing too much. Your body is telling you to rest jan so listen to,it very carefully. It does get better........honestly. 
    • Posted

Wot would I do without u matron it is just over 3 weeks so let's hope that's wot it is. I have rested completely today as did think I did a little too much yesterday. So perhaps I need to rest more. I can't Thankyou enough. Warmest regards jan.
    • Posted

I'm 5 weeks today!! Yeah!! I do one day at a time then it turns into weeks. I spend much time resting and a little pottering around as matron may say, lol I may do a few things around the house or a walk but my next destination is to the room to put my feet up and relax. I'm very careful and cautious about what I do without going to the extreme. Looking forward to a complete recovery , and I must keep reminding myself that I had major surgery and this is serious business. My best wishes to everyone on this site and have a blessed day!! Tomorrow we celebrate Thanksgiving and I'm thankful for everyday and also a fix to that awful prolapse that I had!! Be encouraged!!
    • Posted

Hi Diann how do u feel 5 weeks post op. Did u get this pressure / dragging pain. X
  • Posted

I am 3 weeks post op and if you are getting these feelings you may need to rest a little more I don't know if your overdoing it a little but listen to your body you will get used to what it wants just relax babe and things will get better 
  • Posted

Ok ladies I think perhaps rest may be the answer. I keep thinking something has gone wrong with the repair to keep feeling so uncomfortable. Two days into course of antibiotics and no relief as yet. Really struggling at the moment and getting tearful. U must all think I'm a hypochondriac. I think where I never get so much as a cold this has all come as a huge shock to me. Sorry to moan so much ladies. And appreciate ur replies. X
    • Posted

That's what we are here for!! You know your body and if it continues to not feel right please call your doctor. In the meantime , like I said we are here to help you as much as we can.
    • Posted

Thankyou too Diann for ur kind words I'm feeling very sorry for myself today. Really had enough. I should be out Xmas shopping instead I'm stuck in and can hardly do a thing without ending up in pain. X
  • Posted

Babe no one thinks anything of you we are all in the same boat and it's great to ask on here what we think is wrong and pain is horrible I have just finished antibiotics after a bad clotting 1 week in but everything as calmed down now if your worried don't hesitate to ask someone will pick up or know the answer your not on your own we are all with you 
    • Posted

Thankyou for ur kind words. Feel really tearful today, so sick of being laid up not used to being so reliant on others . I wake up and feel more comfortable. then within a couple of hours the pain is back. I simply can't lay in bed all day doing nothing, surely this pressure on my bladder can't be normal , X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.