Driving Restrictions

Posted , 5 users are following.

My husband is about to go orders and my neuro decided to keep me from driving

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've been driving with no problem for yrs and there is no public transit I'm so frustrated

• Posted

I don't recommend driving with Epilepsy... you should listen to your doctor also I don't know what you meant by 'go orders'.

• Posted

My husband has to leave in orders I asked for help help finding transportation
    • Posted

I can't let my children go without food there is no public transit in my area at all and nothing in walking distance.

• Posted

I should have never been restricted I only had a seizure due to infection.
    • Posted

My husband is in the military and has to leave for 3 weeks. I don't have uncontrolled seizures and no one can tell me how to find any transportation. I didn't ask if I should follow ridiculous restrictions I obviously have no choice but our children still have to eat. If I can't find transportation I have to drive there is no way around it. My dr is a moron and it's too late to change because she already put stuff in my chart. I haven't had a seizure in months.

• Posted

I was in hospital with a strangulated bowel and I took a seizure because of the blockage and meds not getting through.  I too am stopped driving.   I know it's frustrating but that's the law.  

• Posted

I suggest you call McDonald's and order some Happy Meals that's what I would do I know it's not the healthiest food but that's what I'd do.

• Posted

No I'm outside of city limits no one will deliver anything out here at all. The only thing I can get is dry food from walmart. pay extra and wait on it to get here. Even then I can't get mine and my daughter's prescriptions.

• Posted

I see... well, I can't tell you to go against the doctor's orders even though I think you can safely drive. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

• Posted

Everyone keeps saying well no one can recommend going against medical advice. I would rather not but what are we supposed to do there should be laws for the disabled making it mandatory to provide transportation for us. If my kids can't eat or go to the dr it's neglect, if I drive them it's against the law. Something is very wrong there!! What should we do? There is no Uber service, no taxi service, there is nothing!!! No food delivery of any kind whatsoever!

• Posted

I am assuming you are not in the U.K.? I know over over here you cannot drive for a year after any type of seizure. I think if you are diagnosed over here with night time seizures you can drive during the day. My Dad had epilepsy and in his day you had to go 10 years without a seizure. My son also has epilepsy. (He's only 7 now) but I noticed in his notes that he can drive after a year of no seizures. (Obviously not till he's 17) good luck.

• Posted

No I'm in the U.S. in a mostly rural state if there was just publuc transit available it wouldn't be so bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.