dry eyes

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello. im on a lot of medication so changed and swapped them and the doese. till no change until 3 weeks ago i had a eye test..told the optician that when i cried then my eyes were so clear..she then said that i have dry eyes. so now i have tried 3 different eye drops. but i use the drops and it only clears my eyes for a couple of minutes..does anyone else have any ideas to wether its dry eyes or not..is there anything i could try..i wear glasses and had new glasses this month

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

mine are the same the drops clear them but just for a little bit.  i use relastis and at night i use a gel .  i still have a lot of problems tho.  i will tell you this some of it could be your medication you are on/  do some research and see if any of them cause dry eyes or dry mouth.  i have done the plugs route but did not have luck.  keep trying different drops some are a little thicker than others those might help you.  wish i could tell you more but i am still fighting it.  my eyes are constantly wet and that is dry eyes also.
    • Posted

thanks..i tried systane..but going to try systane plus next. hopefully ive got a new prescription waitin for me tommorow.whats that plugs route you mentioned. most of my medications cause blurd vision. but i cant come off them
    • Posted

ok to make my story short, i have dry eyes but my eyes run constantly.  The eye drs and put plugs in my eyes which helps with the real tears.  The problem with me the plugs came out they go in the corner of your eye lid and do come out eventually.  they do it in the office.  Mine did not work so i had recontruction on my tear ducts and that did not work on me either.  i have been to six doctors.  they all have told me i have the worst case they have ever seen.  Now i have been on Detrol La for like 15 years for my bladder.  that causes dry eye and dry mouth.  My urologist just changed my medicine so i am praying that helps.
    • Posted

Dry eyes and dry mouth are symptoms of sjrogens. Ask you dictor.
  • Posted

Restasis is supposed to be the eye drop that cures dry eyes in many people. Didn't work for me, though.

Drops that have worked for me... Lacrigel, Vitapos, Hylo-tears, Optive.. Lacrilube is another but dinlt work for me. You have to keep trying.

Good luck!

• Posted

Do you need a prescription for any of those drops.?

i have not heard of any of them and I have been to 6 doctors

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.