Dry nose,mouth and skin on hands

Posted , 6 users are following.

I seem to be suffering with a really dried up nose (no mucus there) Also the skin on my hands is terrible. I do take a good fish oil and a daily balance oil. Is this due to estrogen ?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

By the way my finger nails are getting rigid too
    • Posted

All of the above Michelle😊. Terrible trouble with sore hands, l have

to wear gloves to prepare veg and wash up ( clears up until I stop wearing

the gloves)! And a strange thing I have had rigid and brown toenails for about

10 years and I noticed the other day they are nearly normal again.

I am 56 and now postmenapausal. I am thinking this is the reason.

It's a miracle!😁😁😁

• Posted

Hi Michelle Yes, it is. As oestrogen levels drop our mucous membranes become more dry – what’s worse is that they also lose the ability to retain moisture so it’s a double whammy. Hence dry eyes, mouth nose and vagina. Have a look at Omega 7 this supplement is specially for this dryness. Tackle vaginal and perineal dryness immediately, it can exacerbate constipation and this area needs to be kept well moisturised. Watch out for constipation too - hits at this time and is damaging for the pelvic floor.

Hope this helps

• Posted

I just started taking estrogen.  My face is oily again and started getting pimples again.  I am wondering if it is the estrogen?  
    • Posted

Yes it will be, and remember that even though you are taking oestrogen now, you will eventually have to face menopause. HRT only delays it, it doesn't prevent menopause.

• Posted

michelle HRT is supposed to solve these type of problems, are you still on it?  I am having dry mouth, nose, skin on body and dry eyes, but not on HRT, so I know its lack of oestrogen for me.
    • Posted

Yes I'm still on HRT. It's helped the sweats,anxiety and doom and gloom. However I am still suffering with things like:

Dry nose and hands

Insomnia

Got osteoarthritis in my toe and finger in the last 3 months

The last 5 weeks constipation which is awful.

• Posted

its awful isn't it.  It still takes it toll no matter what.  How did they diagnose osteoarthritis michelle.  I have something going on in my left lower leg and ankle.  Pain which is quite sharp.  I am still taking vit D3 and omega 3 but it doesn't matter.  I have less symptoms than before.  Anxiety is gone. Headaches are gone.  Palpitations have calmed down, but still get them from time to time.  Now i have overall dryness, skin, nails, mouth and eyes.  

• Posted

I can't remember what HRT you're on? I can't walk for too long,my big toe is stiff,aches and if I try to bend it slightly it really hurts. My finger is swollen in the joint and is bending to the side. My doctor wants me to have a cortisone injection. I'm suffering terrible dryness in my nose,mouth and hands. Last 4 weeks or so really bad constipation. It's terrible x

• Posted

i'm not on HRT michelle.  Have you looked up too much progesterone can cause bad constipation?  you might say it to your doctor.  It's no win really it is!

• Posted

Hi Michelle.

I too have heard that omega 7 can help with dry eyes and vaginal dryness so I guess would be good for nose as well. I've just added it to my list of supplements to take!

I've been taking magnesium for about 6 weeks now, after my evening meal along with passionflower. Both are said to help promote sleep. And a bonus with the magnesium is softer stools! There are different types, I chose the chelated after watching a you tube video all about magnesium. It was amazing to hear what benefits it has. It helps with joint pain too. I think it was looloo or bobbysgirl who recommended watching it?

And I soak dried prunes in orange juice, three in the morning with breakfast helps me to 'go'.

All the things we have to put up with, there's no time to get on with our lives.

Best wishes xx

• Posted

Just a thought, have you been tested for gout? It usually appears first in the big toe and in the joint. (And in the ankle Metamorphed). My husband describes it as like fragments of glass rubbing on his bones. Extremely painful. A blood test for uric acid would show it and then there is medication you can take.
    • Posted

Hi Masie

My doctor looked at it and mumbled something about gout but then went on and said osteoarthritis. I've just bought Omega 7 on the way home from work so I'll let you know how I get on. It cost me £24 from H&B. It is for mucus,better do something for that price! I take magnesium citrate for other things but not helped with the constipation yet xx

• Posted

Gosh I hope you made lots of money at work today! Hope it works for you xx
    • Posted

thanks maisie but they tested bloods and uric acid was normal range.  so its not that for me.  fed up with the whole thing now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.