Dual mobility hip

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. Three weeks ago I had THR posterior approach and am feeling fantastic! Still walking on one crutch but I'm very close to losing it altogether. I had a dual mobility hip and was wondering if anyone else has one on here? So far, it's been excellent to me.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I just had a plan old posterior approach. Lost the Cane at around the 18 day remove staples. Been over a year and forget I had it. Sounds like you are doing great. What is the dual mobility?
    • Posted

They couldn't use the traditional hip used here that they use in the US because I was too loose in the socket, my legs would be different lengths and some other issues so this one is mainly used in France. From what I hear (read) both are great, just US mainly uses the one here and France uses the one there. It's a ball inside a ball that then goes in a socket. More stability and hardly dislocates. Which is what their main concerns were for my problems. Just would like to hear someone else who had it and how they are doing. All seems great as of 3 weeks. Im close to ditching the crutch but not there yet. Hopefully soon!

• Posted

Thanks Gina. I am in the USA. Sounds like you are doing great. Sure someone will speak up
  • Posted

Yes, I'm in the US as well!

• Posted

With a dual mobility hip replacement, instead of the plastic liner being fixed to the cup and ball moves in that, the plastic liner is press fit onto the ball in cup.

this helps prevent dislocation. Usually once bone has grown into implant components dislocation is not a issue for many years. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.