DVT and multiple clots in lungs

Posted , 5 users are following.

has anyone been put on to any of the new drugs instead of warferrin. ive been on rivaroxiban for 2 wks now. would like to hear how other people are doin on them and if they feel comfortable not getting INR checked on a regular basis

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi I was first put on the same as you just over 5 months ago, but have now changed to something else as I found they made me really itch, to the extent my head had heat lumps and I felt it almost burning at times. Not pleasant at all. Also not getting checked is very scary especially as you are not aware how you are supposed to feel and if it's normal.
  • Posted

Hi Claire I'm

On rivaroxaban since feb this year . I wake every morning like I'm hungover even though I take it at 6 at night . My hair is falling out really badly and I have chronic acid reflux with huge bloated stomach . I'm going to ask doc about it next week

• Posted

I've been on rivaroxaban for three months and have experienced haemorrhaging in one eye, breathing difficulties, headache and severe backpain, whether the latter is related I don't know.  I recently had a dvt and, as I have anti-phosphilipid syndrome, must continue taking an anti-coagulant.    I have now approached my GP on three occasions with regard to the side effects which are seriously affecting the quality of my life but each time am met with a blank stare.

No checks have been made on me to see how things are progressing and I think perhaps it is easier for GPs to prescribe rivaroxaban as opposed to other anti-coagulants as fewer checks are necessary.  Easy life being a GP!

• Posted

Hi Jeanne I'm now 7 months in and although I had a lot of side effects in the beginning I'm fine now it seems to have settled . Still have the occasional nose bleed but not too bad .
    • Posted

I am pleased that the side effects you experienced with Rivaroxaban have now settled but would be interested to hear what they were and how they affected you.  Having again woken up with a blinding headache and having to use an inhaler, I am seriously considering following an alternative and natural way of 'blood thinning'.

• Posted

Hi it was a bit similar I woke up with terrible headaches and that horrible head fog like a hangover . If I took it with food every evening it was ok but if I didn't have food I would get a bad sickly tummy . My hair fell out by the handful in the first three months but that seems to have calmed down now too . X
    • Posted

I'm pleased that you no longer experience these side effects and thank you for letting me know what they were.  Fortunately I have had no hair loss which on top of everything else must have been demoralizing for you. Thank you once again and hope all goes well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.