Ear acting up again - can't remember if something is normal or not?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My left ear (the main bothersome one) has been doing the high pitched ringing which is normal for me BUT it also sounds as if there's water in my ear. When I sit up, I feel like I can hear it move in there.

I went to my family doc and she said she didn't see any fluid in there but I do have a middle ear infection in my right ear so I'm feeling particularly crappy to begin with and this isn't helping.

Anyway, my question is: is the water/fluid sound normal to have?

I haven't had my ear act up in about 5 months so I forget. Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry about your ears, I frequently do get that sensation/sound in both ears. It ususally is accompanied by an increased feeling of pressure. I have found that if I take a decongestant (particularly with guiafenisen) it helps make things better.
    • Posted

Yes it feels full as well. Thank you Donna, I'll try that!

• Posted

If the doctor said they don't see anything then it's your inner ear. Yes mine sounds like water too. Do you feel fullness in your ear too?

• Posted

Yeah it feels clogged sad

She mentioned it was probably my inner ear then. I just didn't remember hearing that clogged sound before cause it's been so long now (really it hasn't but felt like it lol).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.