Ear Fullness ... help!

Posted , 6 users are following.

So for the past three months off and on I have had a fullness feeling in my right ear and sometimes both. It comes and goes and sometimes it comes with some minor pain. Went to the doc 2 months ago and he told me to use Flonase which has not worked at all. Anyone else have this issue and I should note that the last three days I have had some throat irritation.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I've had exactly the same thing for the last nine months Paul.Was originally diagnosed as having glue ear but saw an audiologist last week who said it's definitely not that,he thinks it's to do with the Eustachian tube . I too get pain in my ear and jaw,sometimes minor other times really bad. So fed up with it now. Going to see GP this week to find out what other optons there are
  • Posted

My daughter had the same problem off and on. She has had several cholesteatomas surgeries and euchasain(sp) tubes dont work very well, which cause her problems to develop the cholesteatomas. The sinus cant drain properly. If the tubes are blocked(sinus infection) or not working your ears will feel full. I noticed that most of the time her ears bother her and her throat is sore when the weather changes,seasons changing, and even when it is going to rain(pressure in air). She has horrible sinus problems,especially because of the area we live in.
  • Posted

I Suffered from acute labyrinthitis and I suffer from fullness of the eats when I place my finger into my ears I feel gd but the fullness comes back .I too think it's the eustachian tube .because of this I feel numbness of the face and ears .sometimes the head feels full it's a terrible feeling.
    • Posted

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow so hopefully I can get some answers.
    • Posted

Hope you'll share the outcome with all of us Paul.I'm back at the doc's on Thursday

• Posted

I have a Hiatal Hernia so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my issues?
    • Posted

Usually the hiatal hernia causes upper digestive distress and gerd. I don't see a connection with the two. But I am not a medical professional. But I do have a hiatal hernia myself.
  • Posted

Good luck with both your doctor visits. I hope they go well.
  • Posted

Paul7580, Greetings;

While it appears some of your symptoms may appear to be the same, the end result may be different.  I have been on oral antibiotics for what started out as a sinus infection, upper respiratory infection, dual ear infection where both ears also lost about 90 to 100 % of their hearing ability.  The initial doctors visits consisted of 2 visits to urgent care doctors, 2 visits to my GP / PCP ( totalling 40 Days of oral antibiotics) and 3 visits going on 4 this friday with an ENT which consisted of 3 steroid shots, and moving to over the counter cold and sinus medication.

• Posted

BTW: have a computer that auto sends my comments before I am really done. Sorry.

Was also on a steroid nasal spray that my ENT told me to quit because it was irrating the sinuses.  Last visit received a steroid ear drop to help open up the swollen ear canals as I have gotten 30% of my hearing back since the begining of october.  In checking and researching the ear drops,  they are usually given for an external ear infection and I believe a condition called swimmer ear.  As I say my next appt is friday, so we will see where this goes from there.   Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.