Ear, Nose, Eyes Parasites

Posted , 3 users are following.

Went to ENT physician for severe sinusitis. Examination revealed ear membrane hole. No sx except occasional ear ringing. Surgery revealed cholesteatoma. Second surgery required to assess entire abscess had been removed. Was informed abscess had spread and third surgery necessary to asess "all was clear". Unfortunately, this situation can re-occur.  

I have a history of parasites. As a child, my mother said I frequently was treated for lumbrises (tapeworm?).  Four years ago I passed a tapeworm and pinworms.  Currently I am cleansing for pinworms and have felt wiggling movement similar to that in my anus as well as in both eyes. The lightbulb went on - Is it possible that pinworms have caused or contributed to the cholecysteatoma?  Has anyone out there had any similar circumstances?  Not all doctors are versed in parasitology so in order to address this ASAP I will find hopefully someone in my area with this experience.  Has anyone had pinworms or parasites in their eyes and/or ears?  Thank you.  I would appreciate any comments.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, it's possible. I had one burrow through my eardrum... made an ungodly sound, and caused tinnitus for several days. Luckily, no infection... I'm sorry you're dealing with this awful infestation. May we all find cures, soon.

• Posted

Dear salicrup. I had a similar situation which started 5 months ago. After anti parasite medication vermox, I had a sensation of something moving in my throat so I went to my ENT. When i explained to him about parasites he told me there is no such thing. (Typical Dr's )anyway he sent me for an MRI which showed cysts in my sinus cavities,on my epiglottis and down my throat. After two operations to remove all these cysts,the cultures revealed that I had a bacteria called serratia marcescens. I am presently on Bactrimel antibiotic for 10 days. I hope this will alleviate my symptoms and stop this feeling of movement around the area where my thyroid is situated. I would like to ask if your ent sent your tissue for culture? Perhaps you have some type of bacteria. Don't forget that after a cleanse, the bacteria and fungus that live on the parasites stay behind when parasites die off. Please don't give up do all the tests that are necessary. Please persevere stay strong and God Bless.

• Posted

Nicci. Thank you for the information and moral support.  I am apprehensive about being labeled by the medical community as a crackpot and over reactive amongst other labels.  I am acutely aware that time is of the essence since my ENT wants to operate again in February of 2017 and labeling interferes with an accurate assessment/treatment.  I just identified an MD-internist with an interest in alternative medicine in my community. I shall call him today in addition to contacting my ENT and inquiring as to whether a biopsy on my ear tissue was performed.  It is interesting that you had an abscess in your sinuses which was diagnosed via an MRI, especially since chronic sinusitis and constant foul breath is what brought me originally to the ENT after the dentist performed a thorough exam and ruled out the foul odor was not coming from a dental problem. Again, thank you. In the meantime, I shall continue to address my parasite problem/treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.