EAR PAIN

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I hve had Fibro for a few year and take a few different medications, none really help, but for the last month i have had really bad ear pain, going down to my neck and around my jaw line.

Is this fibro? i am going to see my gp monday, have also had some bloods done but this relentless pain is really getting me down, my arms and legs hurt constantly my back my neck there is no releif from it, i dont think my gp understands just wants to give me anti-depressants which i am not happy to take, i work full time but its such a struggle now all i want to do is stay in bed.

Is ear pain connected to fibro just thought would ask the experts on here as people with this are the only ones that understand.

Apprecaite any replies and best wishes to you all  

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Yes. Ear pain is something that troubles me rather a lot. It's annoying and painful. At first I thought uh oh ear infection but it never really progressed as an ear infection it was just a constant annoying pain which just throbbed away in my ear. I tried ear drops etc no help whatsoever. Now I use a hot water bottle which gives some warming relief. It comes and goes but always the same ear and travels to my neck. Unfortunately it's one of many things which trouble me. I think I have had the whole spectrum of pain effecting different parts of my body on different days at different levels. I find the hot water bottle and a combination of pain relief helps. I take paracetamol and Co codamol at separate times 2 hrs apart it helps sometimes and other times it doesn't. In truth there aren't that many pain remedies for us sufferes of fibromyalgia . I try to pace my day. If I do too much I ultimately pay the price in pain. The best way to manage the condition is to not over do the physical things.

The ear pain comes and goes but winter is probably the worst time. Make sure you protect them from the cold with a warm hat and scarf.

Best wishes. KS.

• Posted

Many thanks for your reply.

This condition drives me mad, i almost think it has a passport as it travels around my body so much lol

But mostly constant constant pain, my arms today feel like weights, but the ear pain is something new for me, i take gapamentin with co-codomol and some times some iburphen, it eases but nothing stops it,

im at my wits end i work full time i did apply for PIP to see if i could reduce my hours but was turned down, so have to work full time, but go home and go to bed, have no social life at all because of it,

Sorry for the moan but just so fed up with it,

Thanks so much for the reply, it is much appreciated

• Posted

Hey ! I understand I have had to give up work altogether. I got PIP and 2 years later they took it off me. I had to jump through hoops to get it. You must continue to try and claim. There are ways to get through the PIP scenario of claiming. I can help you. You need to be recording a daily diary of every incident which causes you problems in every day life. It's not a forlorn hope. You can do it. At first they offered me £21 per week. I now have higher rates for both daily living and mobility. Do you have any other health related problems ?

• Posted

Hi

I would love to go part time, but applied and was turned down, i think because they cant see your illniss they think your dramitising, My family do my heavy shopping and change my bedding as i cannot physically do that any more, i can potter around doing bits but its a struggle.

I am also diabetic and blood pressire, artheritis, so a few complaints, do you think i should keep a dairy

Any help or advise would be welcomend thank you

• Posted

Hi Lindley, yes you must keep a diary. There's no problem with dramatising your situation. If you don't do it no one else will. You don't get anything by following the rules. I learnt the hard way. My GP would ask how I am and I would say coping you know just getting on with it a little moan here a little moan there. No that's not good enough. You need to be specific. If pain is your biggest enemy then you need to be telling your GP how bad it is like it's a constant 7 on good days so bad days it's 10+. The DWP love it when you tell them you can cook you can clean you can walk etc.. Stop and think before you write stuff like I can do this or that. Involve your family. I can't do this I have to rely on my son my daughter or husband or partner. The more you are seen to be coping the less chance you have of getting the help you need. Do you understand what I am saying. You need to be smarter. We all do otherwise the DWP and the Government would rather you and rest of us who suffer with a disability just disappeared. You have to keep going. Get another PIP application fill it in again and keep going. Go back to your GP be open with him/her just be straight down the middle and say look I'm struggling work is harder running a home is harder. Your very down your pain levels have increased your mobility is worse your sleep is affected. Have it recorded on your medical records. Keep going back keep notching it up. Eventually they will listen. Get evidence from your GP of your health problems and go back to the DWP and go for it. That's what I did. Although they stopped it briefly I challenged them and won.

Keep at it be dogged and determined.

I had RA for 6 years problem was the NHS didn't do anything about it except send me to the pain shrink they thought it was all in my head. Had i been diagnosed sooner I wouldn't have half the problems I have now.

You have to keep going believe me it's a fight but will get there.

• Posted

Hi Lindsey, above all keep your sense of humour. I like what you said about your fibro having a passport lol.

You know if you ever want to chat just post something and I'm sure I will get back to you.

One of my regular issues are the headaches you get with fibromyalgia. They really get to me. It's only after I've taken 8 anadin in a whole day that it sometimes decides to stop. They never stop after popping 2 anadin, four hours later there's another 2 then the same again and so on. Many a time I've gone to bed with a headache and woke up with it next morning. That does my head in literally lol. I often lay down in the afternoon with a headache it's become the norm.

I keep a diary. It's what helps me get off to sleep most nights. I sit there in bed and record my whole day. How I feel when I wake up to how I feel last thing at night. It helps me identify different things like when my pain is most active things like triggers, actions which cause pain, am I doing something I shouldn't which exacerbated the pain and so on. From there I kind of take note of what my limitations are and maybe do some things differently. Always trying to strike a balance of what I can and can't achieve in a day.

Take care and keep well.

KS.

• Posted

hi kevin,

Thanks for the reply and the motivation,

I think you have to have a bit of humor with this illniss or will go mad, or more mader even lol,

i will reaply and keep a diary, i am seeing my gp monday and will ask if he can help with it also.

It sounds like a good thing you do with the diary as you can look back and see if anything triggers it or any good days (if there are any)

Keep in touch and i will let you know who i get on.

Best Wishes

Lindsey

• Posted

Hi Lindsey65522 Since having fibro I have suffered alot with ear pain and tinnitus. I have ear pain constantly my gp checked my ears everything was fine with them. ear problems are a symptom of fibro but its worth having your ears checked out just in case. I also get jaw pain on and off ive only had this since having fibro.Hope you get on ok at the drs on monday. take care
    • Posted

Hi

Thank you for your reply, i am seeing my GP on monday so will get them checked, with all the pain i have, i have never had ear and jaw pain, also feels a little swollen (but dont know if thats me being paranoid)

Do any pain releif you get work for you?

• Posted

Hi Lindsey65522 I am unable to take pain relief Im alergic opoids, Ive tried over the counter pain relief and nothing works for me. its a case of grit my teeth and get on with it. stress worry dont help with our condition and also paceing ourselves is very important and not to over do things. some areas offer hydrotherapy and accupuncture your gp can also send you to a pain clinic and to cbt therapy. also see areas have a fibro support groups. fibro has so many different different symptoms its hard to know when its a fibro symptom or something else going on. if unsure about anything its always best to see your dr. I never had ear problems up until having fibrorolleyes. fibro has alot to answear to. 

• Posted

Hi KAz

Thanks for your reply. sorry to hear you cannot take any prescribtion meds, it must be a nightmare for you, Taking some helps me just a little but it does help. I am going to ask my Gp on monday about a pain clinic as i try to keep going and keep positive it is wearing me down now.

Im in west london, ive searched but not found any support groups near me would like to meet up with others and swap storys/advice.

There is sooo many things with fibro and gps put everything down to that you never know if something else is being missed.

Will plod on and let you know how i get on

best wishes

• Posted

Lindsey I feel your pain.  I have had teeth out in an attempt to stop this pain in my face - then saw this Trigeminal neuralgia association uk. which may or may not be of use to you.  it makes interesting reading - i couldnt say i recommend paying the £20 they ask to be a member becuase most of what they kindly sent, was available online for free.  however, it is a useful site for general reading.  i think everyone on here finds the sheer bloody relentlessness of the pain the hardest thing to bear. I have had to give up work - hard going financially but more I really enjoyed my job, being at work and everything - dont be afraid to vent on here - this is a forum where everyone understands what you have to say and will understand.  I know i have found it very helpful.  ps.  my gp is DETERMINED i suffer from depression;  i swear I will before long if only to shut him up!  pps always read the side effects of proposed medicines and if you are concerned, talk it over with your GP and ask on here.  <3  peta

• Posted

Hi Lindsey. When I was getting severe ear pain I thought it was an ear infection but it turned out to be tmj (fibro related). The pain radiated from my ear along my jaw line. Felt like I was hit in the head with a 2x4. I learned that I was grinding or clenching my teeth at night either due to pain or stress.

You should not only talk to your GP but also to your dentist to find out if this is the cause. I got a night guard for 400 and it solved the pain and was cheaper than having my teeth fixed from breaking them in my sleep.

• Posted

Hi Everyone

Went to gp,s this morning, ears all fine, said the pain is due to the dreaded fibro, is all around my jaw line, neck and middle of my back area now.

I broke down in tears I have allways had the attidude that you have to try and get on with it but its not working for me any more, i cannot cope any longer with this relentless pain, there is no let up with it.

My gp has added Dihydrocodine 30mg and some anti-depresants which im not sure if i will take them.

Has any one taking the Dihydrocodine do they have any effect ??

My nerves have got to me a little bit with this illniss, i imagine i have all sorts of things and worry that as you have fibro things get missed and nothing gets checked. Do other people have these worrys.

Best wishes to all

• Posted

Hi lindsey65522 Drs do tend to put everything down to fibro, and it is a worry that it could be something else.other than fibro. I too have had the same worrys but Ive now got a wonderful dr who is the top of her game who knows about fibro and who can tell when its fibro or something else going on. But I also think we know our own bodys we know ourselves when their is something else going on,andsoething isnt right, Ive found I do. Trust your own instincts when in doubt about anything see or speak to your gp. try not to stress worry easier said than done I know as stress worry make fibro worse. Take each day as it comes pace yourself focus your mind on other things not on the fibro and it may help you. treat yourself to something nice as thats a good pick me up. I dont focus on fibro or my other conditions I justtry to go with the flow fibro does get me down at times dont get tme wrong and so do my other conditions. But if you can focus on other things and try to live as normally as you can it can help.take care 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.