Ear pressure or is it?

Posted , 5 users are following.

For goodness sake I feel like I'm always on here seeking reassurance, im driving myself mad with all these horrible things going on. Now I'm having a horrible feeling of watery pressure around my right ear and cheek - my anxiety is sky high and im having a lot of migraines that I take medication for - im scaring myself to death all the time and my heart is thumping seems like all the time. Im having counselling for other reasons and he calms me down at the time but then im home dealing with all these constant symptoms day in day out. Does anyone else have stange pressure in the face / ear / cheek ? It comes and goes but I'm just sick of it all, this is no life it's just a bloody miserable existance .

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

i sort of have similar stuff. i go on youtube and get guieded yoga and medtation. my T is a trauma sencitive yoga instructor, it has helped me a great deal!

if you can think of the things the therapist says to you that help you calm down; write the those things down as a resource for later so when the T is not avilable, you will have it on hand.  whenever i am freaking out, i rely on the notes i took in session.  I do the work and it helps almost every time (as long as i do it), but i can't just think about it.  

i have a migrain as I type, i have no idea how to stop them. i am starting menopause and they are getting worse, but less frequent. i just do as much self care as I can when I get them. hot baths sometimes make it worse for me. keeping hydrated might help. i have woken with them, guzzled down a bunch of water, like 3 glasses full, gone to bed and when I woke it is gone. it doens't alway work.  hot and cold backs back and forth helped a lot, but it's as short fix. 

self care self care self care. hope you are better soon.

• Posted

Yes dee a lot of it is about self help and that's exactly what my counsellor is teaching me - it's sometimes harsh when we panic with our symptoms especially bad heads, anything to do with the head is hard to deal with - neck, ears, face, jaw, we can't escape it. Im trying breathing techniques but again when in panic mode that's also hard but needs overcoming to cope in the long term. Yes water sometimes helps with migraines if you catch them early but dreadful if you wake up with one, I do too. I have to sleep with the window wide open otherwise im really sick - it's all horrible. Hope you're doing ok.

• Posted

i tend to get angry when I have paqnic attacks. i cuss at it over and over untill it goes, then I am ready to  fight th rest of the day. migraines, bed. hot pads, pitty,  . . .i will go try a bath, it just sounds good!

talk to you later!

D

• Posted

Hi Colleen, yes I have but not on this scale -everything is amplified times 10

. Hoping one day all this will be behind us. Why can't Mother Nature give us a time and a date rather than keep punishing us x

• Posted

Beside severe neck pain from my current occupation, my issues are all mental, and fatigue. As bad as this can be, you would think we would have heard of this before it hit?!?!
  • Posted

Hi Lou. You really

are going to drive yourself mad with all this. I have had the lot and am STILL

getting stuff on a daily basis. I am 56 and postmenapausal!

I have learned to cope with these things as they happen and I have had most

menapausal symptoms. The first thing you should do is try to keep calm. I used to

get hysterical about things because they were so alien to me, but I learned

if you don't get so worked up its not half as bad ( took me years to get this)I know

You will think easy for me to say but honestly keeping calm really helps. Make the

most of your counsellor, talk about it all, that will do you the world of good.

Sorry no solutions just experience😊 all the best to you

• Posted

Yes I certainly do drive myself totally I sane with it all I really do. Im trying so hard to stay calm mentally but I wake up in the early hours panicking with more symptoms all the time ( surgical meno )  - I constantly seek reassurance from anyone who'll listen, my hubby says im attention seeking but I really don't mean too - im just scared all the time and my family are tired of me going on about it all the time - I get help here and im practicing the relaxation tecniques and breathing my counsellor helps me with but it all takes time and inbetween they symptoms seem to overpower me. Im hoping to conquer the fear x

• Posted

Don't beat yourself up over it, you really are doing well trying all

you can to help yourself. Of course you will tell anyone about it but

I haven't found many people who understand, that is why it is so

great on here. My husband is great but I bet there are times when

he can not wait to get to work so he doesn't have to hear me

harping on about it all the time (I start again as soon as he walks

through the door)lol😕😁.

Waking up in the early hours is one of the worst parts because you

do start to panic as the symptoms feel overwhelming. Try reading

a book to take your mind off it, that is what I did and these feelings

will pass after a while. It is all scary, I find it so, distraction is the

way. Keep talking to us, I need to talk to all of you too!

Best regards to you

• Posted

I feel very tight on.my jaw and mouth. I in fact have problem with my ear and back of my. I am told I grind during my sleep. It all happened during peri. I also feel my face is tight and hot at times. Awful...
    • Posted

poor you im right there with you in this nightmare, uugh hoping we all feel better soon x
  • Posted

Hi i know what your talking about it is the pressure in the ear and cheek thats cause ache and pain then which causes tendonitis ringing in the 👂 i have also experienced twitching in the cheek area which I believe comes from the pressure we feel its annoying and a bit scary but it goes away i know exactly what your speaking about its not fun the. Pressure alone drives you nuts is this how your feeling

• Posted

Hi monique and thank you for replying. Yes it is pressure that makes my face feel heavy on one side and sometimes I think my face feels lopsided but when I look in the mirror it's the same the other side ! I look the same. Yes it is scary and unsettling - do you ever have similar as me ? It comes and goes , sometimes goes away for ages and then comes back - the ear thing is horrid too x

• Posted

Yes same thing do you get the twitches in the cheek bone like between the eye and lip i got that as well but the ear thing yes it hurt really bad and it goes into my neck if you dont mind nbox me we can keep in contact and i can share as much as possible with u

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.