Ear problem

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed a few months ago with glue ear and was told it usually clears up in about 3 months but it hasn't. Bought an otovent but that made no difference whatsoever. Went back to the GP and was referred to an audiologist who I saw today. He checked my ear and my hearing and said that I don't have glue ear as if I did the ear drum wouldn't move the way it did when he used some instrument in it plus he said the hearing was fine.But I still have this feeling of my ear being blocked and also a pain in it and down into my jaw. Anyone else had anything like this? Getting really fed up with it now

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Greetings froglet73,  I had someone on one of the threads tell me that is what I have and I need to see a neurotologist.  That they are more familiar with this than an ENT.  since I have an appt with my ENT this Friday, I figured that I would drive this past him on my visit.  Hope this can help you out.  Let me know
  • Posted

So is there a treatment for it or what will they offer.
    • Posted

At the moment I have no idea. All I know is that I thought I'd been suffering with glue ear for the past 9 months but the audiologist said it isn't that,so I don't have a clue what is causing the blocked,muffled feeling in my ear and the pain down into my jaw. Going to see my GP next week to tell her what I've been told and see what she says and if there is anything that can be done to get rid of it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.