Early morning dizziness

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I have been waking EVERY morning for few weeks with headache and dizziness. I know I have a small (at last scan) acoustic neurons but have also been told I could suffer with migraneous vertigo?? In a morning I find it nauseous to look at anything above eye level for at least an hour after taking tablets. Is this normal?? Does anyone else experience the same? Could it be just migraine or do you think neurons may have grown?? Am getting worried now as I am travelling to Australia in 4 weeks. Thanks for any advice x x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello.....I have been suffering with dizziness a long time.......I was told I have migraines associated with vertigo....I am on meds which I must say did help alot.....I am now being weaned off of Gabapentin....I think I am getting some withdrawals from it......havent been on it ong and a low dosage....Hope it didnt screw me up.......Going to get my eyes checked for vertical heterophoria....Try not to take any of these meds....they are really not good ...I had no choice....could leave house or drive nothing.......Wish I knew about this eye problem before.......Trying hard to deal ............Sometimes it takes hours before your head feels better.......Good Luck
    • Posted

Thanks Rita. That's why I try not to take tablets. The ones I have are betahistine dihydrochloride but will only take one if feel dizziness coming on which is now every morning for some reason. Hope you manage get off yours and your eyes are ok. X x
    • Posted

dont know exactly what those tablets are...going to check for vertical heterophoria.....which can be corrected with prisms in your glasses  and I wear glasses already.........

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.