eating disoreder

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys I'm new to this group...this is nothing to do with ibs but I really need some advice

..ive been told by doctors that I'm dangerously underweight...im 5 8 in height and I'm 7 stone....ive been having numbness and pins and needles and doctors reckon that's why...is there anyone here who has been trought what I'm going through and the effects and symptoms of beeing dangerously underweight...im so scared my body is gunna give up...

P.s. I'm also on 40 mg of Prozac for anxiety and I've heard u can loose weight with these too...but ive been that weight for about a year now and I started those meds 8'weeks ago.

xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Rachel. It sounds like your anxiety is causing you a lot of worries and therefore, who can eat properly when they are all stressed out. You say you are 5 ft eight and 7 stone. How much do you weigh, I only understand weight in lbs. For instance, I am 5 ft one and weigh 120 lbs. Are you anorexia or anything like that. If the doctors are worried about your weight loss they should be recommending something for you to take to help gain some weight. You know there are lots of supplement drinks in the pharmacy such as Boost and Ensure and things like that which are good to drink in between meals so you can start gaining some weight back. Before anyone can gain weight it is important to learn how to relax first and let your body feel normal and not keyed up or tight stomach. I hope you can get back on track and when you say eating disorder, do you me anorexia. I have no experience with anorexia, but if thats what it is there must be someone on this forum who could reach out and help be a support to you.

Blessings to you

Lynn

• Posted

Sending you big hugs. sad

I have ibs (well doctors have said that until they find out what is actually wrong) but it got to a point where I would starve myself so it would make me feel better and not make me bad.

I'm 5 foot 5 and dropped from nearly 9 stone down to, currently, 7 4. I had went to 7 stone.

Have they done testing on you? Checked your iron levels and even diabetes? Those were the first things they tested me for as they can make you lose a lot of weight..

Hope you manage to find what is making you like this. Even just to talk to someone in a similar position. smile x

• Posted

Firstly, why are you not eating? You haven't said why
    • Posted

Hi

I am five feet tall and went down from 125lbs to 110 lbd with my recent ibs episode. You need to eat sonething. Little at a time even some soup. Make sure blood tests are done.

Vivian

• Posted

Hi Rachel ,when I lost 4-1/2 stone in weight ,in a short time ,through illness ,here is what I got on good advice from a lovely practise nurse ,

it's a tonic that's given to people in convalescence ,due to lack of nutrition over that illness I had .Its called METATONE ,you get it from chemist shop ,you have so many spoonfuls a day .it worked ,took about a bottle and a bit ,I never looked back ,and I'm always grateful to that nurse some 10 yrs later Rachel .

I was so malnourished,I looked dreadful ,as you described yourself weight wise .So go and get this METATONE best advice I can pass on to you ,and please keep taking it .

Good luck Rachel 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.