Echo results

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everybody, I've been gone for a week trying to enjoy me life. But for those of you who were following me I got my echo results back today and all the doctor told me was "everything came out normal" so I guess my murmur is benign? And I've also had 2 ekgs and they were both normal. It's great knowing my heart is fine, a huge weight off my chest.. Haha

I am still experiencing palpitations tho, the flutter has passed and now it seems the only palpitations I get now is a random awareness of my heart and it seems maybe it's just a little bit faster then it normally is, I'm not sure what to do about them now that my heart is fine. It always comes after a stressful day or doing something or being somewhere I really don't want to be, I stopped smoking 3 years ago when I had my first ever panic attack but lately at night I have been smoking a little tiny bit of.. Green stuff (can't say due to moderators) and it seems to make my palpitations completely disappear, but now that it's been so many years I absolutely hate with a passion not being completely sober and in control, I would of thought it would of pushed my anxiety over the edge but I originally tried it as an exposure experience to make me face what I fear most since it caused my first attack but it didn't work that way, so anyway i am now at the point where I don't know why I'm anxious, I don't know what I fear, I've been obsessed with my heart so much over the past couple months that I KNEW I had MVPor AFIB or something and now I don't. I feel fine. I almost feel anxious again because I have nothing to feel anxious about if that makes sense? I'm just here with heart palpitations as a symptom of anxiety and no cause for anxiety..

That's what I've been up to I hope everyone else is have better days!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety loves to find another outlet once you get rid of one! You have to take control of your anxiety and when you feel it accept it as anxiety, then don't give a crap about it (oh, well-it's just a feeling), and then get busy doing something that makes your mind think and work. Finally, if you think you'll get anxious doing something, jump right in and demand your body get really anxious. Hate going to the mall? Go and demand your body get real anxious. Crazy? It sounds like it, but it works. You prove to yourself that YOU are in control of your thinking and emotions. 

• Posted

I believe anxiety is a conscious manifestation of the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS), which controls involuntary body functions such as circulatory (heart), respiration, digestion, metabolism, endocrine, and immune systems.  Anything in these systems can upset the ANS and kick it into "fight or flight mode", resulting in tachycardia, sweating, etc.  Please research Dysautonomia, as some otherwise minor heart problems can affect the ANS and produce really weird symptoms.  Subtle immune problems such as Celiac disease and food allergies can also upset the ANS.  If an antihistamine settles down the anxiety, then it might be mast cell immune problems.  Magnesium deficiency can manifest as heart irregularities and vague aches and pains.  Western medicine seems to focus on body parts, and many doctors seem to have trouble seeing how everything works together as "systems".

• Posted

The weed will relax you hence no palpitations. You are suffering Anxiety so you will still feel the Palpitations, in a way you are lucky you can feel the heart pulse, it sounds really healthy.

It is important you trust your test results, as it is not a good idea asking for them again and again. You are ok, fantastic, enjoy Lol

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.