ECT

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ive had ECT treatments needed 6 only had 5 had conjunction heart failure during the 5th one. I had these in November 2015. I still have memory loss i also feel funny weird like its a uneasy feeling just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pat, it's many, many years since I had my ECT treatments but I remember feeling terrible for a long time afterwards.  Unfortunately my memory loss didn't improve with time and I still have terrible long term memory.  This isn't the case with everyone so don't let that trouble you.

How terrible for you to suffer the heart failure during ECT, were there any lasting effects from that? 

My advice would be to talk to your doctor about how you are feeling, if you haven't already done so.

Poor you, I feel so sad for you, I hope things improve soon, keep us posted.

Pat xx

• Posted

Thank you. Im just different now since the ECT dont really know how to explain it other than feeling weird family and friends have noticed it to. Hoping with time short term memory will come back. And I'll stop acting and feeling so weird. I appreciate your input and glad you doing ok. ECT can be a wonderful thing for some

• Posted

I hope your doing ok now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.