ectopic 24h a day.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I had an ECG yesterday showing that I had sinus beats, which is good, but constent premature ectopic heartbeat, they lost the result, so, I had to have an other ECG today, which has exactly the same result!  Sinus triggered heartbeat, but, many premature ectopics.  The problem is that it slow my PR right down to 35 for a little while, and then goes up and down, especially at rest.  Unfortunatually, when I have an ECG, I just got undressed, move around, and my heart beats more quickly, say 72 beats per minutes, so, I am told that it is beatting normally. then I go home, sit down, or go into bed, and there it starts! I am going to be put on Ramipril on a very low dose: 1.25mg, but, I am dreading it, as medicine and me don't mix!  The Doctor said that because I am also Diabetes, I must take it to protect my kidneys, hope I will not have added side effects, but, as it is at such a low dosage, I might be alright. She sais that I was a border line to have hypertention, it might be a good idea. I wonder if it will help my ectopics as well?  Has anybody have any experience with this?  sorry for being so long, but it is nice to vent your concerns to people who understand!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dear Marie

My cardiologist recommended I have verapimil as a pill in the pocket to take when needed but my gp refused to prescribe as he thinks I may overdose on it because of my emotional state at the moment.( I recently lost my wife).

I don't know if this would help. Previous beta blockers have not.

I get the impression they don't know what to do for this and we are all left to cope as best we can.

Good luck

Gap

• Posted

Hi Marie-Christine,In all the years I have had these ectopic beats or as my GP calls them,extra systolic heartbeats,I have never been offered  medication for it.I'm not too keen on taking more medication as I take quite a lot for my rheumatoid disease and osteoarthritis but I may ask him about it when I next have my rheumatoid checkup.I do hope the Ramipril will work for you,please let me know.
  • Posted

I have thousands of ectopics every day but normal sinus rhythm, have been reassured many times that these are nothing to worry about, but I still do. TRIED low dose atenolol but thatbdropped my heart to low 50s and felt worse. Nobody doing anything about it now so I just live with it. I don't want to take medicines because I react badly as well. My doctor would like me on statins cos my cholesterol is 6.4 and told if have hardening of arteries in legs but no narrowing, we have agreed I will look at diet.

• Posted

Hi Stargazey, thank you for your reply, I agree, if you can do with the heart medicine, don't take them, as on many occasions, it makes it worse! As for Statin, try a good diet of vegs and fruits, and at least 2h exercice a day, and you will see your cholesterol drop rapidely! I am lucky to have diabetes as well, so that I have to be very careful what I eat and drink, which helps no end. No sugar, salt, very little fat, very little carbohydrate, but, lots of vegs and fruits, voila!!
  • Posted

I just got back from the ER. I had very big PVCs (says the doc) but the PVCs on the EKG are normal. WTH lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.