Ectopic Heart Beats

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi All,

I am sooooooo glad that I found this site in relation to Ectopic heart beats. I have been experiencing these for a few years now but was only once in awhile. They have now increased in number and appear to be thumping harder. I have had all the tests under the sun related to my heart and all comes back normal, I have a very minor leaking valve and my heart doesn't fully relax between beats (could be because I am scared silly about the ectopics). I litterally feel like I have been hit by a bus or have the flu, acheing all over. I am having hundreds everyday. I have been to Emergency 5 times since Christmas with a racing heart first time it was 215 last few it has been around 130 Drs state that it is a panic attack, which is probably true because of my Ectopics but they still claim that they are normal and that I need to learn to live with them. Well I can't learn to live with them I would prefer not to have to go through life with this constant worry. Surely with so many people experiencing these things someone can come up with a non-invasive solution to the problem. The trouble is when is it not an eptopic and something more serious like this morning my heart felt like it got stuck with 3 massive bangs in a row felt really dizzy and had pins and needles down both arms, but then it subsided and I feel better apart from being dizzy, but don't want to go back to hospital just to be told there is nothing wrong with you.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like you could benefit from an ambulatory heart monitor for a few days. When things occur randomly like this morning it is hard to catch on ECG unless you are lucky enough for it to happen during the few seconds you are hooked up in the hospital. Ask your doctor for a holter monitor and then hopefully you with get something on record.
  • Posted

Hi I have been diagnosed with Afib and I also get the feeling that my heart is stuck. I think when you have palpitations the heartbeat takes too long to beat properly and you get the feeling of it being stuck. I feel quite unwell when I get this and feel breathless too when it happens. Have you had a monitor fitted like Sarah mentioned. If you get the symptoms when you are connected to the monitor it will show up any abnormalities.  
    • Posted

Hi I have also now been diagnosed with Afib and scares me as my doctor told me these can cause blood clots. What do you do for them?Am waiting to see my cardiologist next week for review. I have had etopics for many years but now they have changed to being stronger and more frequent. I too hope that someday they will find a natural cause to these very worrying things.
  • Posted

I would easily say I have 1000's of ectopics a day. There are even some nights that they keep my awake. I also get a fluttering and banging sensation that can last seconds to minutes. I think maybe a holter monitor would benefit you (im awaiting one at the moment) that way doctors can see exactly whats going on. In the meantime try to keep calm when it happens because when you panic your body releases adrenaline and this can make them worse.
    • Posted

So happy I found someone who also gets 1000's of these ectopic beats a day.  I have also been kept up for hours at night when I am so tires and just want to sleep. Stop eating early enough as that seems to help me and the alcohol early too.  You are not alone and I love this forum.
  • Posted

Thanks everyone, I have since had a Heart monitor on for 24hrs, picked up heaps of ectopics otherwise was good rythem and no other concerns, makes me feel much better. Would be more comfortable if I could get rid of the ectopics, but hey if that is the worst thing that I have to go through my entire life I guess it is not so bad. 
  • Posted

You are not alone as I made many trips to the doctor and ER until I got use to this nightmare.  An ablation cured my SVT but I still have ectopic beats EVERYDAY and NIGHT. I pray for a natural cure also. Keep in touch.
    • Posted

Hi in darryl I'm like you had ablation for svt 8 years ago and started noticing these extra beats after surgery I'm now having more of these attacks are you UK based darryl

• Posted

I hear you.  This is my first post here and cannot believe how many of us have the same symtoms and get the same anserws from doctors. I am a 59 year old female who is very active. I had etopic beats many years ago after a traumatic event, then nothing for at least 10 years. Now about 6 months ago for no apparent reason, they have come back but very different. Much stronger and more frequent. I have had all the test like all of you and told benign. the last few days they again have changed. I started to get strong fast continuous beats, felt faint so went to Hospital Emergency. By the time they put me on the ECG machine they had subsided and told to go home. I saw my GP the next day and he said I am probably now having AF and that these CAN CAUSE BLOOD CLOTS, so now I am pertrified. I have an appointment with the cardiologist in a few days and will discuss with him. I am also convinced that these things have something to do with the stomach and definetly stress related. After a heavy meal they are worse. I don't understand them, I too look for any kind of information i can of why we get these things and do they go away and how high risk are we to a heart attach or stroke? No one seems to have direct answers, would welcome any feedback on any research anyone has done and found any answers.
    • Posted

Hi catering your symptoms are like mine I'm worse after heavy meals but sometimes like today there playing up and I have not eaten I do have a hiatus hernia I have read that this can cause problems with heart rhythm I'm of tomorrow for an ecg my Dr wants to rule out af I had an ablation 8 years ago for svt thats cured but left with eptopics I'm kind of worn out with all this I had my first rhythm disturbance 31 years ago .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.