Ectopic heart beats are getting more frequent, especially after eating, and when doing exercise.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been getting both atrial ectopic beats, atrial tachycardia and ventricular ectopic beats which seem to be getting more frequent since my ablation for SVT about a year ago.I feel my heart pause, I feel extra beats, small runs of the tachycardia that just comes out of the blue. I can't find a trigger factor, and when they occur I get a burst of adrenalin because it stresses me out which then makes them worse. Lately I have found they get worse after eating and even just mild excercise like walking up stairs. I used to be alot fitter but this has made me to anxious to excercise. I have been prescribed bisoprolol 2.5mg daily which has not helped apart from slowing down the reaction of increased heart rate when the ectopic stresses me out. I have had all the tests, holter  monitor, event recorder etc and the Doctor says they are nothing to worry about. I do worry that the ventricular ectopic could turn into a more serious arrythmia. Has anyone got any ideas if there is anything else that can help as I feel I am at the end of the road with Doctors and feel this is consuming my whole life, always thinking about it. I would be grateful for others experience and anything that that may have helped reduce them. Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I could have wrote your post myself years ago when I 1st started getting my ectopics after my ablation.  My SVT was cured but years later the ectopics started with a vengeance.  I too thought my life was over........at 1st.  But like me, you will survive this like the rest of us.  Keep a log, read up on what has helped other folks. Be careful with overeating, eating late, getting enough sleep, stress will fuel the ectopics. I had them almost 24/7 for a long time, a year or more.  Now, I do get them daily and especially at night when you try to recline........but once I was told they will not kill me, they are better as I told my heart, "You are not going to run or ruin my life".  As I have posted in the past, the drummer will keep on drumming, even if it is off beat sometimessmile We are all here for each other and this forum has helped me more than anything else.  I do notice almost no prescription drugs help. Natural methods are the best if you can get your doctor to go along with you as mine has.  Sorry for length of this.

• Posted

I completely agree with K3rivers. I too have had far more ectopics since my 2 ablations. I could have written your post to the letter. I get atrial tachy (only short runs) PACs and PVCs and pauses. I haven't actually found anyone else who has all of these things so, even though I'm sorry to hear you are suffering... It's good to know I'm not alone. I would Echo what K3rivers said about mental attitude, sleep and eating late. Other things are, try to avoid foods that cause wind or indigestion and anything thats too fizzy and keep hydrated. Also try beatroot juice. My cardiologist has recommended it and he is trying to get funding for a trial. It does actually work.. If you can stomach the stuff. It doesn't taste too good!
  • Posted

Hi,

I completely sympathise with you as I too now struggle with exercise as it seems to make the ectopics worse and I used to be very active and love all sports. I do however still walk the dog and like the others, I have looked at all the things that seem to make things worse. Mine are definitely related to stomach problems and stress but we all try and push on through even though they can be very scary. I recently went to New York for the weekend which is massively out of my comfort zone as i worried about having issues on the flight and while I was away but I did it and coped really well. Try and keep busy and like k3rivers says, don't let them ruin your life. You are not alone either and it helps to know that others know what you are going through. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi,

I had an ablation for svt about 3 weeks ago, and I did feel more skipped beats or extra beats more frequently than before the ablation. They are very uncomfortable, I was worried that I was going to go into svt, and my heart raced even more. I called the doctor, and he said that maybe the ablation irritated the heart, but he didn't sound like it was anything serious, which put me more at ease. He recommended magnesium. I have been feeling them less and less lately, Thank God.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.