Eczema help! Fighting a losing battle

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've had eczema ever since I can remember and I'm now nearing 20. My scarring is so much more worse than the eczema itself and I'm losing the will to live about it. My skin is 2 totally different shades now and I'm constantly covering up because of how bad it is. Can anyone help? My dermatologist isn't much help to me. I just want my skin back to normal.

I've attached a picture of what my skin looks like.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you heard of TSW (topical steroid withdrawal syndrome/ red skin syndrome)

• Posted

There are dermatology clinics that offer scar removal. Typically, this involves chemical peeling of the skin or laser resurfacing.  I assume that your skin is very sensitive and such procedures can be very harsh and can have side effects themselves. But you could make an appointment and get advise from a professional. 

From the photo I can tell that the skin is 2 different shades but I can hardly say which part is affected by the eczema. Should it be the darker part maybe you could ask your dermatologist if the medication you have used (or are using) can induce hyperpigmentation. Some creams can lead to hyperpigmentation if the skin is exposed to sunlight (or UV light). Btw, maybe you should consider switching dermatologists if you find that he or she is not helpful. 

Our skin surface renews itself every month or so and it could well be that the scarring reduces over time. There are generic creams such as Palmer's cocoa butter that are meant to smooth marks. 

In the meantime, have you considered using body makeup? There are special make-up creams that are used to conceal skin abnormalities such as scars or varicose veins. Just smoothing the transition between darker and lighter skin areas would make the contrast much less visible. I am only recommending this as I can sense that you are self-consious about it. Otherwise, don't even bother. Instead, just remember that nobody's skin is one even colour.    

• Posted

I'm right there with you girl. I've been suffering as well since I was a baby, my mother tried everything, dermatologists don't know what to do. It sucked growing up always covering my body. I know I have multiple allergies like enough to where I'm to lazy to type it. I'm 26 and mine started getting worse around 22. I occasionally got it on my face like my eyelids mostly and now these past two months I have it allllll over my face now. Do you have it there to? Or is it just on your body? Mines almost everywhere on my body now and I really want to give up with life too, cause it's so painful and I feel so ugly. People always staring. Now I get homeless people around town asking if I do crystal meth, when I go for walks. I wish I had a solution for this to help you, but I'm struggling too! I hope someone knows something to help with this constant battle sad
  • Posted

Iam 22 yrs now.My eczema is getting worse each day. I have same problem darkened eye lids and changing skin color with increased itching. i guess there is no cure for eczema.
  • Posted

Foderma worked naturally, and it made me amazed by how fast it restored my skin conditions.try it .
  • Posted

I am also suffering from eczema for 4 years already. They trigger whenever the season is changing. Even I put cream or ointment or even I starve myself from eating food that could trigger, still, it keeps on coming back. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.