Eczema on my whole face! help?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ok so I've had eczema my whole life I have yet to find anything that works or helps. I know my diet is factor, because I'm allergic to everything! I was fine with it being on my legs and arms all growing up I'm 26 now. And it has traveled to my face it's been here for 2 months and is not letting up its getting worse! My whole face is red, tight, itchy, dry, peeling almost feels like a sunburn. Has anyone ever experienced this? What face and body wash do you use? What lotions? I can't take it anymore, I cry cause its irritating and I feel ugly, then my tears start burning the skin around my eyes! I'm on a stress related med leave so I haven't left the house in a while and no make up.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Annie I understand how you feel as 8-9 years ago I started to get eczema on my face but in summer it would clear up, every year it got worse and worse and started to spread all over my body. In the last 2-3 years it hasn't cleared up at all. My face got better when we had some sun but the last week it's gone back to red, dry, cracked and sore. I've been on steroids, tried UVB treatment and now on immunosuppressants, these all helped for a short period of time the steroids I feel made it ten times worse in the long run. I believe I'm allergic to cold, damp weather and the dermatologist advice was move where there is sun all the time!! Not helpful as I can't move abroad as I got kids, work and can't afford to. I also believe diet plays a part in it as I also tried accupunture and the lady said eczema on the face is normally connected to our gut health. If we can heal our gut and immune system I'm hoping il be able to control my eczema but ya hard because I'm not a fruit n veg lover and when my son is bad and I feel ugly and depressed I want to eat chocolate and comfort foods not a bowl of veg. I hope there's a cure for us eczema suffers. My uncles on the duplimed (I think that's what it's called) trial and his skin is fantastic. They say this drug is out in about a years time, so there maybe help for us.
    • Posted

Yeah some skins need certain climates. My skin is terrible here in California but I lived in Arkansas for 2 years and my skin completely cleared. I tanned and with that my scars were barely noticeable. Then I moves back and boom back at it. I also find certain cities waters affect me, to where I'm showering and it's burning my skin and that water is in my current town mixed with this dry air. I also can't a ford to move now. I've heard of healing the gut. I will be trying that. I have ibs due to multiple allergies to foods. I'm a stressed out freak and have heard stress also causes it to come out on face more, but that's just hearsay. I've always been scared to use the crap they prescribe, cause one popular cream came out started with an e. I used it two times because I didn't need it in Arkansas then years later I hear on TV this huge skin cancer scare from the one I had. I'm very scared about trying stuff lol.
  • Posted

I am exactly the same but worse in summer and I think I am allergic to pollen .Every time it starts it gets worse .I have stopped steroid cream as it did not do much and think it made it worse,I use sudocrem and loads of moisturiser on top ,Dermol and emulsifying ointment as the sudocrem dries the skin I take a antihistamine for the itching although sometimes does not help much.I feel for you as it gets me down too.Good luck hope it clears up soon x

• Posted

Have you used steroid creams? If so, I'd suggest you look into TSW (topical steroid withdrawal syndrome/red skin syndrome)

Also, have you had patch tests or prick tests

• Posted

I have done the allergy test and the skin sample when I was younger. I have many allergies to things. Soaps, lotions, purfumes, every grass, oak trees, dogs, cats, hazelnuts, soy, dairy. Certain fruits mainly the skins. The skin sample came back and they just said it was dermatist. I've only used steroid creams2 times used the whole tube and never any relief . I have wasted hundreds of dollars on crap they say helps or relieve like soaps and lotions. I was very skeptical on trying the gold bond eczema relief lotion for the longest time I finally tried it and it literally made me worse, it burned while putting in on after the burning I was beat red and major dry patches, my face was already pretty bad, but that stuff made it worse. I think I just need to suck it up and buy Cetaphil again, cause my body can't handle anything anymore. I'm also getting a shower filter, cause it's recycled well water where I live and I know for a fact it's this water, for me to leave and become normal and come back first shower burned my skin. I will be coming back to update after I get the filter. I can't even swim in a chlorine pool I come out burning.
    • Posted

You said "I have done the allergy test" , can I just confirm it was patch testing? Also one can develop allergies at any age, so as it was when you were younger, I'd recommend asking again

Two tubes of steroid cream can definitely be enough to cause TSW.

Sorry you're suffering so much.

• Posted

Hello, I thought I'd give an update now that I'm completely healed and eczema free!!! Bella it was Topical steroid withdrawal. The use of steroids for 4 years made my skin progressively worse. I stopped using an instantly went through all the symptoms of withdrawal.  It took me almost a full year to recover.  Doctors do not believe you and think the only solution would be using more steroids. Took the blood allergy test, The steroids also heightened my allergies, I couldn't eat anything. Now my levels are low again so I can eat again. Well that was quite the adventure and I'm glad it's over!

• Posted

Oh Annie, I'm so glad to have helped in any way. I only learnt about tsw/rss (such stupid names, it can be caused by all steroids not just topical ones, and affects any of the body not just skin and not just redness.) from other patients myself and thank goodness! along with the red skin, burning, seeping, shedding, smelling, painful, insanely itchy, skin, it indeed caused me to have amenorrhea, low white count,  facial paralysis, facial seizures and spasms, fissures, dysgeusia, exfoliative chellitis, palpations, tachycardia, extreme diareah, temperature disregulation, headaches, nausea, and more.

Thank you for dropping an update. I'm so glad your suffering has lessened. Well done to you for researching and for knowing your body far better than ignorant doctors, who cause the condition in the first place after all!

sending you love! God bless x

• Posted

I'm so sorry you're going through this, I know from my own experience how absolutely debilitating it is! But my skin has been clear for a while now, so there's hope. I don't do well with prescription anything (if there's a side effect possible, I will get it) and unfortunately, diet is a factor, but if you're not allergic, I suggest as much raw fruits and vegetables as possible. And the skin care product that really made a turning-point difference for me was Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream. It's not prescription but it's better (I think) because it's strong and super effective with no side effects! It feels heavier-duty than your average moisturizer but in a good way, and it starts working right away to clear up peeling patches and dryness, which gets rid of the tightness, itching and pain.

• Posted

I've been suffering with eczema on my face off and on for about five years now. This last breakout has been the worst ever lasting over two months. I ordered foderma serum after reading reviews and after only a day of use I can see a definite improvement.

• Posted

I had a severe form of eczema on my leg and hand that was getting worse. I started to use foderma serum every day twice a time.Its been doing great and powerful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.