Effects Still after BP...almost 2 years

Posted , 6 users are following.

I got my BP May 2015, took months to fully go away so I thought. And yes I took the Prednesone and the antibiotic (forgot the name) but I read overall those 2 meds usually don't have any good results anyways in making the BP better. But Now I still have some effects like: Left face pain (BP side) when I push anywhere on that side of my face, my Eye feels somewhat closed (but is not when I look in mirror), this is the Big thing.....when I make my face look very excited and open my eyes wide, the left side of my mouth pulls up as well! But other wise the mouth looks Okay without making a face, same as the eye! The other thing is BP suppose to make you tired when in full bloom and you usually feel more tired a lot than usual....but I now take more naps than ever before, anyone have this also? I was 61 years old when I got BP. Here is the Weird part on How I think I got it, maybe some of you can recollect in your situations? I was at my brothers funeral, and there were relatives there I have not seen or knew their lifestyles in years. I have a habit of NOT kissing people on the lips especially people I have not seen in years, relatives or not! One just never knows. A relative kissed me on the lips when I tried to turn my head, and the next day when I woke up I had BP!! I read all over you can get BP from a Virus of sorts as well as HIV (but never had the later). My Dr did tell me experts are Not positively sure where BP comes from, more or less just good guesses with research. Can anybody Please reply if you have any symptoms way later on like I still do above? That would be appreciated. Thanks All.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Probably just the stress of having your brother die brought on the BP.  I know when I got mine I was under a lot of stress and a cold wind brought on an ear ache which turned into BP.  That was 3 years ago.  The chicken pox virus is the culpurt.  My face still is not right.
    • Posted

Yes it could have been from Stress of my brother. It's just that you would think by now after all the years BP has been around...Doctors can better pin point the exact reasons.

• Posted

Mine was due to stress , it's been 3 1/2 yrs my left side of my face I can see in pictures my smile has changed, my eye brow remains numb and just recently I was having tingling and itchyness back part of my head , minewas definitely brought on by loads of stress, and family , so I got rid of it all , them all good luck 

• Posted

When one first has BP they sleep a lot more than normal. Did you have that in the beginning? And do you seem to be more tired still than normal as well? I still have that even now. Thanks.
    • Posted

Yes on being tired but that could be age as well as working nightshirt, hard to tell, I only has slight case of chicken pox as a kid, but you would think the medical profession would be doing extensive research , I'm told no one can tell I had BP, but me. The fear of waking up they way again scares me , 

• Posted

Don't worry about getting anything from a kiss and 24 hours getting BP.   Things don't move that fast.

Did you have chicken pox as a kid?  

• Posted

Hi Jerry! Happy that you almost recovered from BP that's wonderful , and sorry that u r still experiencing some pain. I have been in pain for nearly two months now since the onset of my BP, I have not recovered though, and when my pain strikes, it dies so sharply. I totally agree with u that BP must b the result of an acquired virus and not of one that is existing in one's body in a dormant way. I think that some people are more vulnerable to that virus for their bodies not to have the ability to combat that specific virus properly.

It's indeed sad that a disease like that have not gotten the attention of anyone in the medical field to perform further studies on it until now...

• Posted

The chicken pox virus or herpes  virus dormant in your body causing BP is ONE thing the Drs. do agree on.
  • Posted

Good afternoon jerry04693... I took have symptoms from BP and I had it in 1998. Especially if I do not get enough sleep or I am in a stressful circumstance for a long length of time. I have been going to go school online and I was working on a research paper for the the last couple of weeks. I began to experience back head pain, and pressure as well as a feeling of my mind being unclear. The symptoms have continued even though I have finished the paper.I wonder if the emotional state and stress of you losing your brother caused the BP? That is an extremely hurtful and painful situation to have to go through...I am so sorry for your loss😢. I began having the symptoms of BP at work, my relationship at the time was very stressful at home and I was trying to get a promotion at work. I had really been working hard to raise my productivity at work and I was sitting at my computer and all of a sudden I couldn't see well....

I wonder if after you have BP if it ever completely goes away? I was 29 or 30 when I got it and now I'm 48.

• Posted

I agree with what you are saying I'm 55 almost 4 years an the stress effects it, I just had pain in back of my head , and before that crazy itching , my left side although appears normal looking to others ,is not I can feel the weakness an my eye brown remains numb, my greatest fear is waking up with it again. I regularly have massages so I can keep nerves relaxed , an so far been lucky to have job that is stressful but not nearly as much as it use to be. I try to limit all the things that may trigger a relapse, easier said then done, I have stressful job (911) . 

• Posted

I have never had any problems with feeling tired. I told you before the chicken pox virus is reponsible.  I am 73 and we don't get over this like the younger generation.  I look normal until I start to talk or smile.

• Posted

lolI am almost 6months with bp and my affected eye is the most troublesome, always watery and cannot wear my contacts because of the watery eye. Just to add I am 68 so guess that could be another factor for the long process of healing. Yes am tired a lot and still have issues with drooling when eating. My eye tears constantly when eating also. Guess still lucky, could be worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.