Effexor and night sweats

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone else experiences night sweats whilst taking Effexor?

Even with a over night temperature averaging around 15 degrees I wake up saturated

My sheets are wet, clothes wet.

I even get night sweats in winter

Anyone else?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Not during the course of taking it nor during attempted tappers. Although it is a side effect as my doctor mention to me. How old are you? Are you going through premenopause?
  • Posted

Yes! All the time I was previously on it and now as back on again! Pj's wet through every morning

• Posted

Hi kay

I had dreadful sweating which lasted three months. It's now completely stopped. If ven is working for you in all other aspects, I would say hold on the sweating won't last forever. I feel truly thankful for ven , it'sa great med.

God bless

Lorraine ?

• Posted

Hi Kayteenoelle,

I do recall some nightsweats when I started many years ago but just wanted to

let you know that after all these years I have finally weaned myself from 225mg down to about 20 mg over these past 8 months and I'm getting bad night sweats

from going off of the med.

This was a good antidepressant when I needed it but almost impossible to get off of so please be careful and if the side effects continue, maybe ask your doctor to try some other medication as this one is truly difficult to get off of when you want to.

Good luck!

• Posted

the past 2 nights the sweats have been crazy... waking up totally soaked and freezing cold.. having to change my clothes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.