Effexor/Mirtazapine combo

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey y'all! Just came across this thread in doing research to see what have been some ideas on positive combos that go with Effexor (venlafaxine)... I've been on Effexor 37.5mg BID sorry 2x a day for over a year for my anxiety. I also take klonopin for those not so great moments... What's nice is I can take .5mg in a situation and it will keep my heart out of my throat instead of making me loopy lol. Unfortunately, since about this time last year, my health has declined making me not able to work and do what I love, and decline my acceptance letter to nursing school... I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome along with suffering from chronic migraines... I also have degeneration in my neck and low back... And on top of all that... I suffer from PTSD which resurfaced 4 1/2 yrs ago from a personal situation with my kids. It's been very difficult and especially over the past year with not being able to work and drs appts and bills I can't pay... I've gotten worse...

They say you can ease the pain of fibro with exercise... However, how are you supposed to exercise when you can't even get out of bed bc you are so tired and fatigued and in pain??? Oh... And bonus... My cry button has broken... Joy!!! I'm fine one minute and then out of nowhere I get a thought, see something on FB, hear a song, or even write a message to someone... And the water works start... Kinda like now... Ugh!!!

Soooo... Background done... I've read a lot of comments... Here are my questions... Side effects... 1. Lethargy, tiredness, etc... Anyone experience this? Do you take it in the morning or at night?2. Weight gain... Anyone have a hard time with this? I was given amitriptyline in 2015 to help with my HA and "pain" which was crap bc the Dr was an idiot... When I looked it up I saw it was an antidepressant. Did nothing but make me gain 30lbs!!! And mind you I'm an "emotional NON eater"...worse thing ever!!!! So that was another concern... But over all I'm really wanting this to work. My migraines I guess are the ultimate factor... She just put me on Wellbutrin last month. Said it would give me a "pep in my step"...regardless of if I took it in the morning which I started doing or at night which I thought would change things since the morning dose was making me dose off about 10ish am and waking up at 1pm (uh... What I was doing before hand) did that for 2 1/2 wks so then they said take it at night and then I was getting nagging HA where I'd have to cave and take a Maxalt... I've been keeping a detailed journal... But I can't live like this !!! I know alot could be situational but I've been through so much... I know it's not normal!!! I there's anyone who's been in my situation I'd love to hear from you! And if you're in Columbia SC, even better!!!! Sorry so long....thanks for listening, God Bless!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

So do you take mirt as well ?
    • Posted

No that's what I'm trying to do is find people on effexor and mirt and see how their progress has gone with it... What kind of issues they've had with it... Etc...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.