Effexor XR strange side effect- causing shaky legs?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am taking Effexor XR for anxiety and dr recently upped my dose from 150mg to 225mgs 4 weeks ago. The day I upped my dose I started having a strange feeling in my legs. It feels like they are shaky and weak. I really notice it when I exercise because my legs get tired fast. The only other time I've experienced this was after having a panic attack but I'm not having panic attacks anymore. It comes and goes but happens more often than not. Please let me know if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi same happened with me but with my hands .. I make charms &;find it so hard it's like iv got the shakes but only in my hands.. 😕doesn't seem to go away either ..

• Posted

Yep, arms and legs like you're just done a major workout and you're hands get all trembly. I get it on the right side of my face including my top lip too. Very disconcerting, but you get used to it or maybe it stops happening as badly. Comes and goes usually at the most inappropriate moments.

• Posted

Yes! It's so bizarre, but I go t the gym a lot and it's interfering with my workouts. I didn't have this when I was on the 150mgs, so I guess I need to weight the pros and cons and decide if I should go back to the 150. Glad to know I'm not the only one this is happening to! Thanks for your input!

• Posted

Hi, did you have this the entire time you were taking Effexor? Mine didn't start until I upped my dose to the 225mgs. I don't know if it's coincidence or what. I'm seriously thinking  I need to go back to the 150mgs because I don't notice much of a difference in  my anxiety on the 225mgs. Thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.