elbow problems can anybody help???

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I'm a keen boxer and about 6 months ago I was training for a fight. I was sparring, my opponent moved out of the way when I had thrown my right hand and I over reached and then my elbow was in excruciating pain.  I tried to work through it but couldn't. I went to the doctors they have fobbed me off about four times now just saying it must be my muscles around that area tensing too tight. I've taken 6 months out from boxing. My elbow felt much better. So last week I decided to do some works on the bags and shadow boxing. While I did the shadow boxing it happened again. I really need some help with this as it's stopping me from doing what I love. But I'm reluctant to go back to doctors to get fobbed off again. Thanks in advance.

Mick

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Does your elbow hurt when you extend your arm fully?  How about when you straighten your arm, cock your wrist upwards and grab your fingers with your other hand and pull them back towards you?  

If you can answer Yes to these questions then you may have tennis elbow.  Of course go and get it diagnosed by your Doctor first.

• Posted

Hi Stephen. 

Thanks for your reply. Yes I do feel the pain when I do this. I can lift heavy weights an things an feel fine, but as soon as i throw my arm out straight I'm in excruciating pain. I've been waiting for NHS to diagnose me for 8 month now. Resulting in me not boxing which I'm not very happy with. I've recently had an x ray. And they say if it comes back clear then they will send me to physio and they may or may not send me for a MRI scan.

If it is tennis elbow. What sort of treatment if any is available?  Thanks for responding back it's really appreciated.

• Posted

Have you tried any of the home treatment programs for tennis elbow?

One of the more popular ones is tennis elbow secrets revealed.  I think the website is tenniselbowtips dot com.  I friend of mine said it worked for him.  Maybe give it a try.

I'm sure home treatment is a lot cheaper than going to Physio or Doctors.

• Posted

Until you mentioned tennis elbow today it never entered my head it could be that. I'll have a look and thankyou vert much for your help it's really appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.