Electric Shocks

Posted , 2 users are following.

When I'm in bed trying to go to sleep, I often get a sort of loud "bang" in both ears, followed by a mild electric shock down my arms, which leaves my fingers slightly tingling.   I thought this would be cured when I had a C5/6 bone fusion, but it hasn't gone away.   It isn't pain at all, hence I'm reluctant to see a G.P. as I've had bad experiences from them.  Anybody out there with similar symtoms?     It only ever happens in bed.   Thanks.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Madeleine, sorry to hear about this problem, I've read about a few people having this experience on the Health Unlocked website. I can't remember which illness it is a part of, I'm on three forums, one for thyroid, one for, Pernicious Anaemia (low B12), and one for fibromyalgia. I will have a look on the site to see if I can find where I'd seen it. Best wishes Marion
  • Posted

Hi Madeleine, I've had a quick look, but can't find anyway to search the site for all the illnesses. Leave it with me and I'll try to get back to you later. It's a busy day today. Best wishes Marion
  • Posted

What you're describing sounds to me like you may be having myoclonic seizures, I have something very similar to what you're describing. I've since been put on an anticonvulsant, and if you drive, you'd better do something about those if you want to keep your driving privileges, especially if you happen to live alone and have no help accessible to you. If you know you have this problem at the time of an accident and the law finds out, you'll be held liable. The law frowns very seriously on people who know they are a risk but continue to drive anyway without remedying the safety issue.
  • Posted

Hi Madeleine, I've found something on the Internet, look up Exploding Head Syndrome. They are calling it parasomnia, and it's apparently quite common.

i knew I'd read about it before, I think there are even newspaper articles about it. Don't panic, you aren't going mad!  Marion

• Posted

Thank you both for your comments.   It's obvious I will have to go and see my G.P. as yes, I do drive, a lot.   I hope I get a better reaction this time, he is not easy to talk to, and always has the attitude that I am totally wasting his time, whatever I go for.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.