Electric shocks. Anxiety? Freaking out

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm sorry for posting so much.

So earlier I posted about having a pulsating/shock pain in my abdomen like slightly below my diaphram it happened like 6 times around 11am for about 10-30 seconds. After this I felt ok not totally fine because I was worrying but I wasn't having pain anywhere else.

I was worried it was my heart because I focus on it so much even tho the doc says my levels for,everything is fine and my xtrays and EKG and blood work is normal

I came into work at 3 and around 4pm my body like my entire body was having this itchy feeling and then I felt like electrical pulses throughout my body, it was coming and going. It was like shocks in my nerves. Is this my anxiety? I haven't had an anxiety attack in a while

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I did after about 30 mins passes gas bit it wasn't a lot
  • Posted

I had a similar thing happen that scared me to death and it was anxiety related.  Electric shocks in my leg - and head!!!  Pulsing and vibrating.  I had so much anxiety that it actially caused my muscles to spasm.  The doc said I was fine and it was nerves.   Hope this helps.
    • Posted

I have a question, did you feel the pulsating shock in your abdomen? It felt,like It was in a horizontal line straight across my abdomen below my diaphram. And I'm thinking my stomach is in that area maybe it was that. Since I do have GERD. It just happened randomly to me and I honestly am still thinking about it. Like right now my arm is hurting but I just got out of work I just don't know anymore
  • Posted

Anxiety is a crappy feeling.   My shocks went away when I started to do relaxion techniques.  I had to eliminate the tension and fear I was feeling. Anxiety hits in a lot of different ways.  Shocks, heart racing tight muscles/ Hope you feel better.
  • Posted

I never had the shocks in the abdomen I had them in the head and leg. SCARY!!  What is GERD?  Sorry i dont know.  Do you have any issues like Chrones?  Possible muscle spasms.  
    • Posted

GERD is gastroesophageal reflux disease. I have this but I also had problems with my bowel movements. I don't know if it's Chrones or Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I'm leaning more towards IBS.

• Posted

Maybe that is causing the shocks. A Gastro doctor could help.  I know that my freind went gluten free and she says her stomach does not seem to bother her as much but she does have celiac.   I know its hard but try to relax.  Being afraid is such an awful feeling.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.