Elevated heart rate due to costo/tietzes?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I've had this for 11 weeks now..

All started when I continued to go to the gym with a flu doing chest work.

Ever since it began my resting heart rate has been elevated a bit.

Normally it's around 70-75 but since this started its more like 90-95?

I feel like the pressure on the chest (around the left side) is causing this.

I've had lots of heart tests done (ecg's, 2d scan etc) and it's all fine. I'm quite fit and healthy 6'2, 80kgs.

Just honestly annoying having random heart racing moments aswell as an elevated resting heart rate.

Has anyone else experienced this with costo/tietze's?

I don't get much pain anymore, have been taking krill oil with glucosamine which seems to be okay.. Chiro says to not go to the gym still but I feel like I need to get active again.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Very similar for me -- started when I couldn't do running because flu, so did pressups and chest exercises instead. Bad idea. I've been having chest pain and chest tightness for about 6 months now, very very slowly going away.

Docs said elevated heart rate is due to anxiety (caused by pain) -- I don't really buy this as I've never been the anxious kind and racing heart does not correlate with pain intensity etc. They put me on beta blockers and a triptamine antidepressant (also as pain releif). I've also had all kinds of scans (ECG, CT, X-ray, MRI) but nothing shows, except for a developmental cyst that's been aspirated and gone away. If you ever find out what causes the elevated heart rate or what makes it go away, please post it here.

• Posted

ps. do you have elevated temperature?

I do, around 37-37.5 deg C.

• Posted

I experience the same thing with my heart rate . do some slow breathing.relax.don't strain upper body makes it worse

• Posted

My heart rate is up as well it hurts s bit in the chest to breath deeply so you tend to take more shallow breaths which I think makes you a bit anxious and pushes up heart rate. I would only do leg work and light cardio till you are completely healed as I didn't listen to my body and a small condition turned into a major flare up which has lasted 3 months

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.