Embarrassing B.O.

Posted , 8 users are following.

i don't know if it is menopause caused, but in the last year, i have noticed that i have a nasty body odor. i do have other health problems, it could be caused by them, but was wondering if anyone out there has noticed this change since menopause started. 

I understand that sweating is a natural and helps the body stay cool and eliminate toxins and it supports proper immune function, prevents diseases related to toxic overload, kills certain viruses and bacteria and cleans the skin’s pores . . . I get all that, but why is it stinking so much now?  

I am not concerned about it, just courious.

Your thoughts?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have noticed a sweaty smell, it's not a BO smell but just a funny sweaty smell

that no never had before particularly noticeable by me when I wake up in the morning but it's all over,even on my arms!!

Just to share with you ladies the "Dove" or "Sure" maximum protection deodorant £5 is brilliant!! We are all a similar age in work and wear white uniforms..wouldn't be without it!!

• Posted

i read that dehydration can cause it and certain foods, but the only food on the list that i use on occasion is hot pepper powder. i drink alot, i thought!

thanks for the advice 🙏

Dee Stinky Girl.

• Posted

Hi Dee,

Yes I think what we eat can affect how we smell. I've mentioned previously, when I was suffering with the night sweats I tried meno pace night which had the ingredient hops. I would wake sweating in the night and couldn't decide if I smelled like a brewery or bakery! Very weird.

I remember my mum used to put talc in her knickers which I thought strange and my gran always smelled of palma violets. She had sweeties and perfume with her always.

The things we have to put up with!

• Posted

Oh that is so funny, beer pits, yum!  My gram always smelled like mothballs. Probably because she used them in her drawers to keep moths away, but still . . . what a memory!  thanks! 
    • Posted

LOL about smelling like a brewery Maisielol!!!  I bet your hubby liked it though!  xx

• Posted

Hi dee, yes it is caused by hormonal fluctuations of oestrogen. Drink water with lemon to help neutralize your ph. I even got the strips to test my ph on a daily basis, stay hydrated but add lemon juice to help with the body odor. I found baby powder was my lifesaver for the smell.  You can put baby powder, cornstarch not talc on your body until the odor subsides. I was even rubbing it into my scalp because the odor was so bad, the powder neutralizes the smell, or using a good smelling dry shampoo to help eliminate the odor. It really helps when you're in close proximity with people at work.  Hope this helps.

• Posted

good ideas! thank you smile i guess i am grateful for not being able to work. i sure don't want to offend anyone senses! 

Thank you, I never would have thought abotu cornstarch!  Great cheap idea without stinky things!

• Posted

Yes, for months I get I smell and my body odour is awful. Before peri I hardly ever sweat. It is a bit better now. But it has gone for months. So yes I say it is very normal, unfortunately! sad Good luck with your new body odour

• Posted

Hi Dee,

One of the first symptoms I experienced was really vile strong-smelling feet, even the dog would slink away if I so much as slipped my shoes off. Happily, the symptoms and problems caused by the curse of the menopause really don't last forever (it just feels that way). Look forward to joining us in the "Survivors Club"

• Posted

Oh my! Stinly feet, I had that a while back, i stopped wearing socks and only wore sandles that could be hosed off. that lasted about 3 years, but i noticed i have not had that of late and I've been wearing socks AND boots w/o stinky. now i am afraid to hug people. I sniff my pits throughout the day now all the time . . . soooo self conscience! haha!!

yesterday i bought some deoderant for the first time in 20+ years. it helped a lot! 

surviors club, i can't wait to graduate!  Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.