Emergency Department

Posted , 7 users are following.

A 60y/o man has arrivd at the emergency department with a complaint of headache. He states that he never had headaches until about 2 weeks ago when he began awakening in the mornings with head pain. the headache would go away each day after he had been up and around for a few hours and had taken aspirin. In the last few days, however, neither aspirin nor acetaminophen has helped and the headache has become nearly continuous. His wife states that his speech and balance have been "off" a little. He wonders whether there can be any connection between his headaches and a recent fall or a recent elevation in blood pressure.

- What is your assessment priority?

What triage classification would be best for this client?

What interventions should you anticipate?

Factors to consider. What diagnostic assessment should you anticipate?

What should you include in your physical examniation and nursing history?

Please could someone help me. thank you smile

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Do you want us to do your homework for you?
    • Posted

i have some answers but im not sure sad i was thinking that maybe he has brain tumor. I was just wondering what could be the assessment priority, like could it be the level of consciousness?

• Posted

i have some answers but im not sure sad i was thinking that maybe he has brain tumor

• Posted

I think aneurism more likely if related to fall. But I'm not medically qualified.

• Posted

Intracranial brain hemorrhage suspected. MRI test required (better than CT since it misses small bleedings)

I would say.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.