Emotions running wild!

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all, I have my vertical laparotomy on Monday (25th) and I'm starting to get really nervous. It seems the pain is increasing and I'm not sure if it's worry or hormones but my emotions are crazy. Going from happy to angry/sad in a matter of minutes. Did anyone else experience this? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Megg,

Those feelings sound normal for what your going through. You're allowed to be emotional when experiencing something which is such a big deal. And yes, you probably do have some hormones going a bit funny on top of that.  Keep your "eyes on the prize" though - you will have gotten rid of this darn cyst soon! 

I had a vertical laparotomy on 25th Feb and I can honestly say that those last few days before surgery (the pain, the waiting, the uncertainty) were by far the worst. I cried in the doctor's office, which is not at all like me. Just not knowing what was going to happen and feeling a bit frustrated and helpless. Once you get into hospital and you can let the surgeons and nurses take care of you, a lot of the anxiety and crazy feelings will go away. Promise.

*Big gentle hugs*

Hang in there, things get a lot better very soon.

Pam

• Posted

Hello Megg, I felt just like you do right now - I had a 20cm cyst and was as stressed out beyond belief, crying being sick with panic attacks was in pain from the pressure, couldn't breathe properly oh the list goes on...... And it was all fine, the treatment in hospital was fantastic, you will be very well cared for and monitored and I'm sure all will be well, try not to let your fears overtake you, lots of luck xx
  • Posted

Hi Megg, it's probably a bit of both, worry and hormones.  That is to be expected with what you're going through.  Try to relax, and look forward to your recovery when it's all over.  You will feel calmer on Monday, I'm sure.  Please let me know how you go on. Best of luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.