Endocopy showed decreases fold in duodenum

Posted , 1 user is following.

So 6 years ago doctor figure out that gluten was what was making me vomit and have diarrhea. That pediatric doctor put me on  a gluten free diet and i felt 100% better.. after a yr and a half being on gluten free she decided she should do a blood test and it was negative so she just said im intolerate...... well about 6 months ago stomach issue and diahrrea have came back. my primary i have now decided to do a food diary and we found out the dairy was a issue so she made me go on dairy free diet it helped a little but i was still sick so she sent me to the gi doctor and the gi doctor said to cut out sugar from my det so i did and i became better with every now in then bumps in the road from brown sugar or corn syrup  so she decided to test me for fructose malbsorption and the breath test was negative but the fructose drink itself made me supper sick.( i havent seen her to talk about whats going on there) she then wondered if i have celiac but she said to get a acurate diagnoes i have to be eating it and shes not going to make me because of how sick i get..... she did order a colonoscopy and a endoscopy..... the colonoscopy from aperance was normal but the doctor took a biopsy. and my endocopy showed that i had decreaed folds in my 2nd duodenum. he didnt any further then that.  how ever my question is what will the biopsy be since i havent ate it in 6 years.... i do not worry about cross contamination. 

im hoping they can find out what is wrong and why dairy and fructose are a issue and why i have decreased folds in duodenum if its not celiac...... whats eles cause decreased folds in duodenum but villi are fine? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi K,

All I know is that the decreased folds are from CD and the damage it does. I do not know if they heal like the villi or not.  That would be a doctor question and it's a very good one at that!  I do not know of other causes. 

• Posted

Yeah the doctors think it's strange also. That I have decreased folds suspicious for celiac but then my biopsy said no celiac but then again iv been gluten free for 6 years...... my gi doctor told me not to listen to my test results to just continue 2 stay away from gluten because I'm either extremely intolerant or do have celiac and my vili have healed. She's going to talk to the doctor who did my scope. And then call me back. At this point I'm not sure what I should do... one bite of gluten and I am sick.... I didn't go to the gi doctor 7 month ago for gluten I'm fine on gluten free but would be nice to know If I truly have it or not. Only went gf because along time ago when I was a kid they told me to and I became 100% better. They didn't run any tests or anything.. so. I'm either extremely intolerant or I have celiac still they don't know. To find out for sure I will have to eat gluten all day every day for 3 months and im NOT doing that

• Posted

there is no way on gods green earth that I would do the gluten test challenge at the risk of getting cancer or other autoimmmun diseases!  NO WAY!  If you feel better off gluten then stay off gluten! I had a blood work that said I was 98% likely to have CD. I did not get a scope early and it showed no damage, but I don't have a need to prove to anyone that I get sick from gluten. It just is.  It is your decision of course, but I would never do it.  

• Posted

I'm not doing it!!! And the doctor knows that and realy dosent want me to... I don't need celiac to me on my record realy.... I know I can't have it and they know that so it's ok.. we all just thought it was weird I had decreased folds in duodenum but the biopsy showed neg but then again we thought and said to be accurate have to do the challenge because with being on gf they would have been growing back by now...

I already have lupus.. don't need the cancer or any other autoimmune to go with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.