Endometrial ablation, ovarian cyst removal, laparoscopy possible endometriosis treatment recovery

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 26, mother of 3 and am due to have Endometrial ablation, ovarian cyst removal, laparoscopy possible endometriosis treatment, scar tissue from my emergency c-sec (classical) removed. I have multiple Gyno issues tat have been ongoing and as stated above I am having a few procedures all at once. While having my 3rd I had to have her via emergency c sec after having 2 natural births, due to the fact my uterus was rupturing, the vertical scar has adhered to something on the inside and cause some discomfort as well as its not pleasant to look at. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar combination of surgeries, how long the hospital stay was and recovery time after? Surgery is in 3 days and I'm beginning to get very nervous.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had an ablation and d&c done a few years ago. Had no pain when I woke up and really no pain after, maybe a little achy. So don't worry about that part of the surgery. It was the best thing I ever did, no more heavy bleeding and after a couple of months no more periods! Last month I had a cyst removed, both ovaries and tubes and a d&c all done laparoscopically. I woke from surgery with no pain other than the catheder that they put in after I was knocked out and removed before I woke up. Just some stinging was all. I went into surgery at 11:15 and was out by 12:30 and home by 2:00. I had three small incision that were closed with dissolvable stiches and covered with glue, no band aids which was awesome. I took the pain meds my dr prescribed for 3 days and then switched to ibuprofen for a few days. I made sure to just take it easy for a few days. By the 2 week mark I was back to normal with no problems, couldn't even tell I had surgery except for my tiny belly button incision took a little longer to heal. Didn't  they already tell you if it was outpatient surgery? I knew when they scheduled my surgery that I would not be staying overnight and ended up home in less than three hours from the time of my surgery. It was so not a big deal and don't be concerned as it was a whole lot easier than my recovery from my c-section. As far as the endometriosis that I can't help you with but I am sure it will not add much time to your recovery. Hope this helps and good luck to you! Get yourself some Xanax for the next few days which helped me relax a ton. I even took it the morning of my surgery and it helped so much.
    • Posted

Thank you! I wish I could get something to calm me, it's a public holiday here today and doctors are full til Thursday (operation is Wednesday) l only know this because I'm not quite sure if my hayfever is very bad or if I have developed a sinus infection also :-/ I did want to get something for that with no luck for an appointment. The also don't usually hand stuff like that out in Aussie :-( to be honest the arranging through the hoso side has been confusing. I've not been given a straight answer from anyone on recovery or length of stay etc, I will speak to someone with further info on Tuesday night when I have to call to find out the time in which to be at hoso. I live approx 2 hours from the hospital so either way it's going to be an interesting trip home haha. It seems that recovery is mostly the same regardless of having multiple procedures or not ... Glad to be getting it over and done with at once. Fingers crossed that it goes smoothly and fixes the problems :-)
    • Posted

Lots of Aussie on this page. Seems like things are a little different there. My surgeon was not happy with the fact that I was taking Xanax and told me I could not take it on the morning of the surgery, but I have a friend who is a surgical nurse and said it would be fine so I took it and didn't tell her only the anestigiolost who was just fine with it, I would have been miserable without it as I was extremely nervous. It seem there that they do a lot of open surgery so you are lucky to be having it laparoscopically. Here it is very rare to ever open up your stomach, they can remove very large cyst through a less than 1 inch incision. My cyst was 7.5 cm and was removed very easily through a tiny cut. You should be fine on the ride home, but no seat belt as that might be a bit uncomfortable. I wore a dress also as the idea of pants over my new incisions did not seem like a good idea. I wore dresses for a week or so until my swelling went down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.