Endometrial Cancer Diagnosis

Posted , 10 users are following.

Well, I had my uterine biopsy this week, and my Dr. called with the news, I have endometrial cancer, types 2 and 3. I've been referred to an oncologist, who's supposed to contact me after the weekend. My Dr. told me that because I caught this early (I started to spot on April 14) that we're on top of it, and that the cure rate for this is about 99%.  But, I don't know what to think or feel.  I'm pretty scared. If anyone has some words of wisdom it would be much appreciated.  Thank you. 

1 like, 76 replies

76 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi im worried i have the same as you i have a scan in a fe weeks i started spotting like a light period beggining of march my dr gave me pills to try to stop it but i didnt take them as i had an operation for a tumor in my ear a few weeks ago and didntwant to take a pill that makes me clot. but im scared iv got. cancer in womb now like i havnt had enough to worry about already. my spotting is light red to samon read and some mucos. and it never stops gets worse when i wipe after straining. some times dark red but still light i dont fill a tampon but need one in all time. are you the same,

i missed a period in febuary i thought i was starting meno as im 47.

but i had bloods done and dr said im not menoporsal. im worried i dont have any other symptoms just the light constant bleed, i dont seem to have a period either it just seems the same all the time not getting any heavyer any time in the months since starti g to spot. im mad with my dr as iv been going since end of march sayi g i havnt stoped bleeding and althoe iv had a smear to that said i was ok it still not stoping and he could have sent me for a scan april or may or june but now its 29 july when i go and its been going on since begining or march.

• Posted

Hi, D19606,

I'm 67 and had been in menopause for nearly 20 years.  My spotting is about the same as yours.  Worse, since the biopsy.  Your doctor is assuming you're  menopausal, I think. During my first appointment, my GYN Dr. asked me if I wanted to do a biopsy.  I said no.  I should have done it then. (I'm in the US.) I cried lots last night, and am still crying off and on.  Didn't sleep well.  My husband is being really supportive.  The truth is, until we see the oncologist we can look on the web all we want to and scare ourselves silly, but we really won't know what's going on and what we need to do.  I don't wear a tampon, because of the risk of infection.  Best of luck to you! xx 

• Posted

hi i better stop wearing tampons acualy as it wont help will it with an infection but i was weari g pads for so long they were making me sore,

iv been worrying so much about the tumor in my ear that iv had taken out i havnt had time to worry about my bleeding and cancer there so now im through with having the op for ear im not worrying about womb cancer.

have you any other symptoms? i want a biopsy of my womb done iv only had my cervix done, and that was normal. but you dont bleed for for months and it be nothing so im worrying.

i have read that womb cancer is mostly cured with a histerectomy and if caught eaely you ok, im hoping i dont have it at all but if i do then il be having a histerectomy probably to. i hope youl be ok must have been realy scaey to start bleeding at your age . il let you know how i get on. we may both be going to go through the same things soon.

• Posted

Hi, and thanks!  I was so upset when I wrote my first post!  As to symptoms, I just started to feel tired, not much stamina.  I would rest but not recoup, you know what I mean? Then, on April 14 I went to the toilet and had a smear of dark brown blood, the kind I would get at the end of my period.  Then, I started to pass streaks of red blood and bits of tissue.  I contacted my GP first, then decided I'd just find an OB/GYN.  The first appointment I had with him he did a pap smear, then suggested that I go down to the basement where the lab was and get an ultrasound.  He sent me for blood tests for the uterine cancer markers.  Those all came back fine, but I got so scared about the biopsy that I had to postpone two appointments--I have IBS-D because I had my gallbladder out in 2009, so I couldn't leave the house.  I called and asked for a tranquilizer and took that the day of, and started taking an anti-diarrehal the day before.  I took lots of it, so I could go.  My husband went with me and held my hand. Since April 14, my womb has felt heavy and cramped.  Not painful, just there.

I sure hope you don't have this.  Do let me know how you get on, and I'll do the same.  

• Posted

hi lynda i have ibs c  i have problems going toilet but if im worried it can change to c so im a bit of both, when i strain it makes me bleed worse i dont have like a period bleed its more watery but lighter also, i do have problems going for a pee find it hard to get it all out.

im more bloated than normal but then i get bloated with ibs.

​i hope i do t have womb cancer as im still gettting over having tumor removed from my middle ear, i was ok till last night i had to go hospital as i started with lots of pain and today im in agony still even with the oills they gave me so icpv got to go hospital in morning to see the dr who did my op iv got packing in my ear and tneyl be taking that out im hoping nothing is badly wrong with that so i have two worrys im so fedup,  my ear yet again is taking first stage and if i end up need i g operation on my womb to il be a mess for a wile with having to have two ops in a short space of time. i hope youl be fine let me know how you get on.

• Posted

i mean i have ibs c and d it is changable but mosstly c i hate it. i dont drink milk or have breads that helps a bit
    • Posted

If it isn't one thing, it's another!  I am praying for both of us!  Let's get through this, and come out the other side!  smile  Please keep letting me know how you're doing, and I'll do the same! xx

• Posted

I'm going thru same thing was bleeding constantly saw gynecologist did ultrasound couldn't find anything wrong. Bleeding only got worse was almost a year of this saw another obgyn he did ultrasound said I had enlarged uterus. He did hysteroscopy and did biopsy it came back stage 1 uterine cancer he sent me to gynecological oncologist he did cat scans and now says it's in lymph nodes waiting on biopsy on lymph nodes to decide treatment. If you have doubts get a second opinion if I had cancer might not have spread

• Posted

Please let me know how things are for you!  I have found so much support and comfort on this site!  My hope for you is that you do the same.  Please try to stay strong and do what you need to do to recover!  xxx Lynda
  • Posted

Hi Lynda,

I am 38, survivor of endomentrial cancer. Stage 1A with well differentiated cell. Felt your pain and worries. Do get hysterectomy done soon.

Get well soon and be strong!

• Posted

Hi Sue, 

Thanks for replying.  I spent yesterday in bed, crying and hearing from family and friends.  I hardly slept the night after I found out, mostly because of the unknown. I took something last night and slept well.  Then it occurred to me this morning, that the bed was a mess, that I had chores to do, and that my husband was probably missing me bossing him around. smile  So,  I'm doing that.  I know I do need the surgery soon, I won't put it off.

If you don't mind me asking, what happened to you?  Did you have open or robotic surgery.  Chemo?  

Thanks again! xx

Lynda  

• Posted

hi thanks im praying for us both to, at moment im in total agony with my ear gish i realy hope il be ok with this and dont have cancer to, my mo. had a hysterectomy years ago when i was only but she passed when i was 12 from a different cancer so she had it bad with one thing after another i dont know why she had a hysterectomy as i was real young. but i di know of alot who have had them and they are fine. i do feel for you as i was dreddingmy operation for my ear and that scared me more than the tumor, i hate operations. i do hope youl be ok my husbands mom had a giant basketball size tumor when she was in her 30s and had hysterectomy  shes in her late seventys now and still here. its just being ill when you have it done and getting back on your feet thats the hardest, hope i feel better to orrow with antibiotics iv got im in hell at the moment hope i feel ok when i go for my scan and dont have a real prob with my ear aswell as somethi g else i thought i was doing ok till yesterday just happns when you least expect it. im 47 much younger. i was wondering did you have spotting problems when you started meno like im havi g that were constant also i will say i havnt had a period wile its happening for four month just the same everydayspotting everyday.
    • Posted

Sorry to learn you're in such pain, and I'm sure that you don't need anything else to worry about.  I started menopause very early, in my 40's, due to a thyroid condition.  Was on HRT, but no that long.  My periods got lighter, and then, just stopped after I stopped taking the hormones. I didn't have spotting like you are experiencing.  Surgery is scary!  Hope you do better tomorrow.  

• Posted

Hi Sue,

I had a full hysterectomy May 3rd and thought I was in the clear. The cancer in my uterus was 1A grade 2. Oncologist called me in to explain there is a 5 to 10 % chance there could be spreading into lymph nodes  been freaking out and crying because the doctor recommended a Robotic surgery to remove about 40 lymph nodes. It's my choice to do this because I was told they didn't want me to have any regrets. After learning the risk of this surgery, I could have more problems with permanent swelling in arms and legs. It's called Lympodema. If I do not go with surgery, They suggested Radiation in the pelvic area.  Did you or anyone else go through this?

I also want to comment to the others who just got there biopsies and need a Hysterctomy,  it is a very scary not knowing or even understanding.  I cried and still cry sometimes. It does get better everyday.  I am so sorry for all of us who had and have to go through this. Try and stay positive and let your family and friends love and support you. I had a lapascopic Hysterctomy. It was'nt as bad as I though it would be. My prayers are with you!

• Posted

Hi Lynda,

It is okay to ask as I need to accept reality that I am a cancer survivor now.

I was bleeding quite badly during my menses cycle end of last year and had an emergency admission at the hospital as my blood count fell to single digit. An ultrasound confirm thick uterus lining and d&c was done the next day. Biopsy from d&c said cannot rule adenocarcinoma. Cut story short, d&c was repeated as provera does work and then hysterectomy done feb this year.

I had TAH or the abdominal incision surgery as this give the onco gynae more rooms to observe our organs and to check whether to remove any swelling ligaments (if cancer is suspected to spread out). Since mine is early stage (stage 1a, well differentiated cancer cell), gynae onco did not remove my ovaries as he it is healthy.

Not sure what your gynae onco has offered to you but TAH sound a better option for me as at least I know my gynae onco has done what is best for me.

Best of luck to you and do post any questions in the hysterectomy forum. Trust me, I have lots of supports and words of comforts from there.

• Posted

Hi carol,

I am confused. Correct me if I am wrong, is your onco gynae asked you to go in for another op remove lymph nodes or l called it ligaments?

Well, I am not sure whether you really need it but my onco gynae did not remove any of my lymph nodes as during op observation, he mentioned no swelling ( I had the abdominal incision hysterectomy as per his recommendation as he is quite senior gynae oncologist).

I did not undergo any radiation session but was put on 3 months close monitoring review. I think few of our Patients members did not undergo radiation as well.

I would suggest that you get a second opinion from another gynae onco. Removing 40 lymph nodes is of no joke taking into consideration of other complications you mentioned in your previous posting. Radiation session --- well not to offend you, but my onco said it will do more harm to our weak body than curing us as our cancer is stage 1A or in another word contains to the uterus only.

• Posted

Hi Sue, thank you for replying. I got my second opinion in time to cancel the 2nd surgery. I was told the percentage is low and good news the cancer cancer grade 2 was low. Stage 1a. The surgery was for the person who just has to know. I have been seeing Naturolpathic Doctor. She has me giving myself Mistletoe injections and taking Turkey Tail ( which are mushrooms ) this will help build my immune system. Not sure if anyone is familiar with Mistletoe injections. If not I encourage you to google it. After all of this, the Oncologist asked me if I would consider radiation in my pelvic area. I asked her why would I do that on something that may not even be there. Unbelievable.. I am at peace with my decision and with my new journey with the Naturolpathic Dr. I hope you are doing well and I think about everyone who is going through it. My prayers and love go out to everyone. 💕🙏🏼💕
    • Posted

Hi Carol,

Good to hear that. Some Doctors out there are just there to make money from helpless people like us. Shame on them!!

Like you, I am also on alternative medicine. I visited chinese oncologist and he precribed natural herbs. I still get tired easily but no more anemic. My lower back and muscle pulling surrounding both pelvic bones area are still there on and off. I go for acupunture session once every 2 weeks. Guess the healing process will be a long ones and this our Doctor did not inform us!

• Posted

Hi, Carol!

So good to hear from you! I was wondering and wondering what had happened!  Thank heavens you avoided the second surgery and all the attendant side effects.  If you needed to be "sure" then I think it would have been better to remove the adjacent lymph nodes only and biopsy them at time of surgery. Can you file a complaint with the NHS?  

My oncologist also said that radiation in the pelvic area often does more harm than good!  Will also look into Turkey Tail mushrooms, as a friend of mine takes them, too.  I don't do so well with the holisitc approach, though.  

Many blessings to you!  Please let us know how you continue to do!

xx Lynda

• Posted

Hi, Sue,

I hope that your recovery continues smoothly!  I'm sure that the Chinese oncologist will help your body to heal itself, gradually, but well.  

I wanted to let you know that I met with my doctor a bit early for my first post op and got the results.  Bottom line is, no need for further radiation and now put on monitoring, like Carol and you.  I am so grateful!  

Thank you for your support!  Please continue to write in and let us know how you do!  Here's to good health and a bright future!

xxLynda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.